“A whisky tour on a snowy day in Scotland”

Glen Ord Distillery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$59.13*
and up
Best of the Scottish Highlands Tour from...
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled on the outskirts of Muir of Ord, Glen Ord Distillery is one of the Highland's hidden treasures producing liquid gold all year round. With a welcome as warm as the whisky, you'll be sure to leave satisfied after experiencing the world-famous Scottish hospitality at this 5* visitor attraction. Open all year, Glen Ord offers a range of tours to suit everyone; from the whisky novice to the connoisseur.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went with my son who is a keen whisky fan, I, on the other hand, have been T total for thirty years, so I was thinking why I am going?

Booking was easy over the phone and payment due when we arrived.It was snowing outside which I am sure added to the occasion.

The distillery was easy to find and not far from Muir of Ord. Pulling into the carpark you see the old frontage of the distillery, the age and look sets the scene of what is to come.

The entrance is extremely well laid out and is interesting to spend time looking at all the whisky brands and bottles while you wait for the tour to start. Our guide was excellent, friendly and as you would expect knows about whisky production, its history and of course Glen Ord and all their products.

We were in a group of twelve other people from across the world, as the tour came to an end we were offered a "wee dram of whisky" I declined but was given the chance to take it away with me, which is good if you are driving.

We had the basic tour, which was great value, all staff were brilliant and what better to do than take a tour of a great old Scottish distillery when in Scotland.

Highly recommend.

(Unsure why Trip advisor don't have just family in their category as my son is 36, children may get a little bored on this trip)

All reviews
"single malt"
in 15 reviews
"whiskey making"
in 5 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
"singleton"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having tried many Scotch whiskeys over the years, yet to find a whiskey I can say I like, thought I'd visit Glen Ord Distillery whilst on a break in Scotland. We arrived just in time to catch a tour that had just started, Sam our guide was a pleasurable and friendly sort, and quite entertaining!
The tour lasts an hour, entrance fee a reasonable £8 each (we were group of four). Fascinating and informative guide on the formation of a single malt, and a sample to try at the end! Brilliant time, thanks Glen Ord! p.s. Love the Singleton 12 year old!

2  Thank Colin N
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went with a group of friends for a tour of the distillery last weekend, was very interesting.
Our guide Peter was very helpful on the history of how everything was made.
Really enjoyed the experience as this was the second time that I have done the tour we did ask a lot of questions and there was 4 that he could not answer.
I would recommend you do the tour.
When the tour was finished we then went to taste and were offered a taste of 12,15,18 year old whiskey. I don't like the stuff and so I took sample away with me for my dad.
The shop was well stocked with all kinds of whiskeys & gins, there is also a bar if you want to sit down and relax.
I believe they have started do functions and they have just had the first wedding there not that long ago.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my mum had a great visit at the distillery. Jackie gave us a wonderful tour, she was very nice and thought us a lot. Great experience, thank you! :)

1  Thank Mnnmjn