“disgusting”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2017

meal was far too salty, when we were asked how it was we told them and the reaction was "no problem", well it was for us, many meals were left by other people, avoid this place, it's got a 3 star hygiene rating, so needs urgent improvement, smells of mould, has cereal on counter - is someone living there?? expensive, which is fine for a good meal, but not for a bad one, won't be going again and will never recommend.

1  Thank Gill E

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

This place looks bad on First impressions, and quickly takes the cake for the most disgusting Indian we have ever had. Even writing this review the thoughts of dinner make me ill. The dishes were overly sweet, which is quite bizarre. But then.. your stomach will twist itself into oblivion as it communicates your poor life choices to you in Ernst. The interior is dank, mouldy, and unappetizing. It is the first warning sign, and should have been the moment we walked out.. but it was rated well on TripAdvisor so we defied our own logic, big mistake. Hopefully you don't make the same mistake. There are not a lot of options in cardigan, but this place is only going to give you get rot and horrid memories. Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank muppetx
Reviewed May 13, 2017

My partner and I came here whilst on a few days break in Cardigan. We've tried plenty of Indian restaurants in Birmingham so maybe our standards were a little too high. First impressions are not great, it has a very dated look and the carpets could do with a clean, but you are on a boat after all. The food was ok, nothing to shout home about. The staff were very friendly but I'd probably give the place a miss if I'm ever in the area again.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

First impressions, as other have note, are not good, but you don't eat out for the decor. This restaurant cooks excellent food and ticks all the flavour boxes. I had lamb and my partner had Chicken Tikka Malaya, which he prounced 'delicious'. Wine is a reasonable price and service is very good. We would definitely return.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my meal at Shampan. The food was very tasty. But the decor is tired with lots of obvious repairs needed. The staff were very busy and lacked attention to the customer.
The location is fantastic. And being on a tilting boat was fun. But there's more to a meal than just the food.