“Still good food but service teriible”
Review of Shampan

Shampan
Ranked #13 of 55 Restaurants in Cardigan
Price range: US$32 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2018

We have used this restaurant a lot and have never been disappointed but since the change of ownership things have gone downhill.
A group of us went in April and waited too long for the drinks to be ordered, the drinks to arrive, the poppadoms to arrive, the food to be ordered and then over an hour for the food to arrive.

The food was good but the long wait spoiled the evening, when we complained we were told that they were understaffed and had a lot of takeaways to prepare.

Not a valid excuse if they are taking our money.. Such a shame, we will give it one last go and if there is no improvement
find somewhere else for our custom.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

With regret I advise that this once fine Indian restaurant seems to have lost its way.

Recently visited with friends and just from contact with handrails it is obvious the a “deep clean” is well overdue. The quality of food has declined to a point that the Shampan will be a place to avoid. From the number of clientele we should have realised that something has gone wrong despite friendly and attentive staff. Not too sure if ownership or management has changed but would suggest that a close examination should be performed ASAP and problems addressed. (Table decoration, no hand cleansers, floor and handrail cleanliness, food quality etc etc).

3  Thank daviddruid
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Found this place after being recommended to us. They weren't wrong...food was excellent, so was the service.. also the view is beautiful, right on the edge of the river. This will be the 1st of many visits.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I have been to this restaurant a few times now and, every time I come, it just seems to get better. The food is amazing and there is great service. I love the setting, I really love the food and love how close it is to my holiday home in Llangranog. The location is amazing and creative, on a boat with a beautiful view out over the estuary. I love watching the tides change through the windows and the water birds flying past. My favourite thing to eat is: seehk kebab to start, then chicken tikka mossala balti, with garlic naan and pilau rice. My only problem with it is that it is a bit run down on the inside and needs a bit of redecorating. Despite this though I would definitely recommend it for solo and family meals.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant on river. We waiting a very long time for our food to arrive but when it did we weren't disappointed, it was delicious. The staff were pleasant and apologetic.