“Gorgeous, comfortable room and fantastic breakfast!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My new husband and I chose to spend a night at The Woodshire Inn after our wedding to get a little down time. The room we stayed in (Room #2) is absolutely stunning!! The owners, Scott and Marilyn have done a beautiful job with the renovations! The bathroom is massive and the jacuzzi tub, big enough for two. The King size bed is super comfy and I haven't slept so soundly and for such a long duration, in what is surely over a year- 9.5 hrs!! The Inn is very quiet and the fact they don't open until dinnertime during the week allowed us to sleep in later than normal. For breakfast, Scott was overly accommodating of my wheat allergy and personally whipped us both up a delicious omelette breakfast. Even though I can't eat it, the sourdough toast that came with my husband's meal had me drooling! The food in their restaurant, Cocoa Pesto and EAT BBQ is delicious!! This is the fourth meal I have had there and it is always fantastic! Not to sound too cheesy, but you can tell that Scott and his team cook with love and are passionate about what they do because nothing is ever sent out of the kitchen without being absolutely top quality!! I think we will be making this little overnight getaway a regular affair!!

Room Tip: Both rooms are stunning!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We had been told that the food at the Coco Pesto Bistro was awesome! So we decided to venture out of Halifax for the weekend and celebrate our anniversary at the Woodshire Inn with dinner, a room and brunch the next morning.

The dinner was awesome and both my husband and I (with very different diets) were pleased with our meal. The prices are very affordable and the quality is top notch.

As other reviewers have stated the rooms and bathrooms are very large and they would be very comfortable if they weren't so cold! The rest of the house was lovely and warm but the two little space heaters- one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom- took a very long time to heat up either room. I don't think the bathroom ever did actually get warm. Showering in the morning was pretty unpleasant.

The other annoyance we found with our room was the volume of noise from the restaurant below. While in the rooms you can overhear people's conversations, music and dishes clattering. The jacuzzi bath tub is lovely, but a strange experience when you're listening to people's dinner conversations! When the dinner patrons leave you can hear staff's conversations and all the noise that comes with cleaning up- dishes being collected and washed, chairs being pushed in, etc. As long as you don't plan on an early sleep, it's not too bad.

We had reserved a table for brunch the next morning. But it isn't served until 11:30. We had been told by our server that the chef would make us breakfast- which she had "never gotten a complaint about"- but it would be a meal of his choosing and not a great choice if you have dietary restrictions.

We woke at 5:45 to the alarm clock sounding- we hadn't set it. As neither of us was able to fall back asleep we decided to grab breakfast elsewhere. We I mentioned to the owner (?) that the alarm had gone off and suggested they disarm it before others have a similar experience he just laughed. So best to check the alarm before falling asleep!

The house is lovely and the food was delicious. If we ever find ourselves in Windsor again we may visit for a meal. But an overnight stay or an out-of-the-way trip is simply not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Addie H
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stumbled upon this place almost by chance. We went for the dinner...chicken in an apple pie sauce and a melt off the bone lamb shank...so delicious! The owner waited on us and she suggested we stay and showed us the room with its own bathroom. And by bathroom, I mean a whole other bedroom refitted as a bathroom fit for a queen. It had a jacuzzi as well as a roomy shower, a fire place, long counter around the sink, a huge ottoman with a cozy bathrobe right in the middle. The toilet itself was in a separate closet in the bathroom.

The bed was huge, very firm. There was a fireplace in the bed room, flat screen tv, and lovely furniture. They even very graciously sent my husband up with a generous glass of sherry. One of the best places we have ever stayed. The proprietors, Scott and Marily, are friendly, cheerful, and interesting people.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were travelling to Yarmouth and my friend seen the Woodshire Inn and Cocoa Pesto Bistro in the travel book and it sounded like a good place to stay and eat in the restaurant. Glad we stopped and stayed there and the food was excellent. Scott Geddes and Marilyn McKay make you feel like we were at home. Hats off to them and we will be back. Darlene and Richard.

Room Tip: Book early as the rooms fill up quickly.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Despite the fact that it was very busy, the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The food and the wine were excellent. The decoration is contemporary with quite vibrant colours, but tasteful.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Dined here mid-May, fabulous meal for a great price. Hidden secret. I can't comment on the accommodations because I didn't use them. But the dining room is worth seeking out. Only 40 minutes from Bedford/Sackville. I'm not sure why there isn't a restaurant listing for them on TA, I could only find them under the B&..hence putting the food review here. There is really no other place to eat a good meal between Halifax and Grand Pre aside from this place.

Chef/owner came out and personally asked all diners how they were enjoying their meal at one point.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2010

This is a great place for a celebration. Scott and Marilyn were incredible and made us feel like we were in our own home with great food, great wine and good friends. It was perfect !

While having brunch at the Woodshire Inn we decided to get married there. This was just two weeks before the wedding. It was easy to do because of the group at the Inn. The restaurant and the catering company Cocoa Pesto offer fabulous food.

We stayed over the night before the wedding, with friends. In the morning we had an early light breakfast made by Scott and then got dressed and greeted our guests. Our wedding was small but elegant. With Scott and Marilyn's help it was also very relaxed. I told them all I wanted was to relax and enjoy the day. That is exactly what happened. Both of them made the day so special for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
1.8 km away
Meander In B&B
Meander In B&B
#4 of 6 in Windsor
18.4 km away
Evangeline Inn & Motel Inc.
22.0 km away
22.0 km away
Tattingstone Inn
Tattingstone Inn
#2 of 10 in Wolfville

Been to Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn? Share your experiences!