“Awesome!! Amazing Rooms and Amazing Food! No need to search any further...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Stayed at the Woodshire Inn on July 1st 2015. I stayed in Room #2. I was completely blown away at how amazing the room was! Nice, big, comfortable Bed. Great country decor and super clean! I was so impressed! Next, I walked into the bathroom!! It was as big or bigger than the bedroom and it had a whirlpool tub!! I had the most comfortable and relaxing stay. It was super clean too! Felt right at home. If you think I am finished my review, think again! Downstairs is the restaurant and bar - called Coco Pesto. Ummm, the food is delicious! You don't have to go anywhere else in town - why bother. Had Dinner at the restaurant (amazing) and then I had breakfast included with my room booking. I give it a 5/5 and will be coming back soon!!! Highly recommend you try it and if you do, make sure you support them by writing a review. They certainly deserve it!! Enjoy everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Bill_A_Toronto
There are newer reviews for Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn

Reviewed 15 June 2015

This place rocks!  This little gem is something to experience if you wish to stay away from the usual corporate hotel chains. A building with history, not too far from the main highway, that offers 2 rooms above a bar/ resto,  should you wish to spend the night there as well. I highly recommend both, eating and staying.

The price for a night stay includes dinner and breakfast, which were both great. We fell in love with the calamari, OMG,,,and I don't like calamari.

Scott and Marilyn ard great hosts, and do what they do very well. The staff is friendly and truly cares about customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms, both good.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

I spent 3 days at the Woodshire Inn. I was in area visiting friends. The rooms are huge and well appointed. I found the rooms quiet and comfortable.
I are twice in the restaurant. The food was excellent and service very friendly. There were many local people dining which I took as a good sign. The house smoked pulled pork was amazing!
"Downtown" was a short walk and there were quite a few boutiques and a decent pub.
I definitely will return and bring my wife for a romantic getaway.
I highly recomend a visit.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2015

We were shown 2 rooms we could choose from. They were both very very spacious, superbly furnished, great wooden floors, enormous bathroom, you feel you are in a 5 star hotel. And the bistro downstairs is very handy on a snowy March evening! The breakfast was out of this world, sheer perfection!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My new husband and I chose to spend a night at The Woodshire Inn after our wedding to get a little down time. The room we stayed in (Room #2) is absolutely stunning!! The owners, Scott and Marilyn have done a beautiful job with the renovations! The bathroom is massive and the jacuzzi tub, big enough for two. The King size bed is super comfy and I haven't slept so soundly and for such a long duration, in what is surely over a year- 9.5 hrs!! The Inn is very quiet and the fact they don't open until dinnertime during the week allowed us to sleep in later than normal. For breakfast, Scott was overly accommodating of my wheat allergy and personally whipped us both up a delicious omelette breakfast. Even though I can't eat it, the sourdough toast that came with my husband's meal had me drooling! The food in their restaurant, Cocoa Pesto and EAT BBQ is delicious!! This is the fourth meal I have had there and it is always fantastic! Not to sound too cheesy, but you can tell that Scott and his team cook with love and are passionate about what they do because nothing is ever sent out of the kitchen without being absolutely top quality!! I think we will be making this little overnight getaway a regular affair!!

Room Tip: Both rooms are stunning!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We had been told that the food at the Coco Pesto Bistro was awesome! So we decided to venture out of Halifax for the weekend and celebrate our anniversary at the Woodshire Inn with dinner, a room and brunch the next morning.

The dinner was awesome and both my husband and I (with very different diets) were pleased with our meal. The prices are very affordable and the quality is top notch.

As other reviewers have stated the rooms and bathrooms are very large and they would be very comfortable if they weren't so cold! The rest of the house was lovely and warm but the two little space heaters- one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom- took a very long time to heat up either room. I don't think the bathroom ever did actually get warm. Showering in the morning was pretty unpleasant.

The other annoyance we found with our room was the volume of noise from the restaurant below. While in the rooms you can overhear people's conversations, music and dishes clattering. The jacuzzi bath tub is lovely, but a strange experience when you're listening to people's dinner conversations! When the dinner patrons leave you can hear staff's conversations and all the noise that comes with cleaning up- dishes being collected and washed, chairs being pushed in, etc. As long as you don't plan on an early sleep, it's not too bad.

We had reserved a table for brunch the next morning. But it isn't served until 11:30. We had been told by our server that the chef would make us breakfast- which she had "never gotten a complaint about"- but it would be a meal of his choosing and not a great choice if you have dietary restrictions.

We woke at 5:45 to the alarm clock sounding- we hadn't set it. As neither of us was able to fall back asleep we decided to grab breakfast elsewhere. We I mentioned to the owner (?) that the alarm had gone off and suggested they disarm it before others have a similar experience he just laughed. So best to check the alarm before falling asleep!

The house is lovely and the food was delicious. If we ever find ourselves in Windsor again we may visit for a meal. But an overnight stay or an out-of-the-way trip is simply not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Addie H
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stumbled upon this place almost by chance. We went for the dinner...chicken in an apple pie sauce and a melt off the bone lamb shank...so delicious! The owner waited on us and she suggested we stay and showed us the room with its own bathroom. And by bathroom, I mean a whole other bedroom refitted as a bathroom fit for a queen. It had a jacuzzi as well as a roomy shower, a fire place, long counter around the sink, a huge ottoman with a cozy bathrobe right in the middle. The toilet itself was in a separate closet in the bathroom.

The bed was huge, very firm. There was a fireplace in the bed room, flat screen tv, and lovely furniture. They even very graciously sent my husband up with a generous glass of sherry. One of the best places we have ever stayed. The proprietors, Scott and Marily, are friendly, cheerful, and interesting people.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
1.8 km away
Meander In B&B
Meander In B&B
#4 of 6 in Windsor
18.4 km away
Evangeline Inn & Motel Inc.
22.0 km away
22.0 km away
Tattingstone Inn
Tattingstone Inn
#2 of 10 in Wolfville

Been to Cocoa Pesto at The Woodshire Inn? Share your experiences!