All reviews hot tub place to stay propane bbq main building two bedroom unit great pool bit dated fire pit a king size bed minute walk to beach clean place coffee and tea main beach toilet paper summer cottage jennifer
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We booked the 2 bedroom suites in the 2nd week of Sept weekday, that is after school had started. We got the place with a very reasonable price. The kitchen is clean and has everything you will need to cook a basic meal. They also have shared BBQ. The bathroom has a fairly large Jacuzzi tub. Towels are not the softest, but they gave you plenty to use. There are two bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the 2nd bedroom has two double size beds.
There is a dinning room table for six, and a sofa bed in the sitting room. You can probably fit 7 or 8 people here, but they said max for six. It also has a 32 inches TV sitting on a corner electric fireplace.

There is no view in the back, as it back onto a garage next door with a lot of crashed vehicles in the back parking lot. The premise has a swimming pool and fire pit area.

The front desk provides candies, water, and toast and coffee and tea. The front desk personnels are quite friendly.

It is five minutes walk to the beach 1. You have to cross the main bridge. It is a short walk if you don't have a lot to bring to the beach.

I don't know how much it will cost during high season. So cannot comment if it is worth the cost.

The hotel room is non-smoking, but they have ash trays outside the room.

I will consider this hotel as a 3 stars.

Room tip: They have different types of room, choose the one that suits your budget and number of people.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Stayed here at the Saga Resort for the first time over the Labor Day Weekend. This was a last minute trip getaway and with everything being sold out i was hesitant at first to book here but didn't have many options to choose from so took a risk and it PAYED OFF. The Saga Resort is a nice Cottage Style Venue that was literally a 5 minute walk to the Beach. You also were close to everything including LCBO,Wal Mart, and anything you could possibly need.
We had a nice corner Suite and it was fully loaded with a Kitchen,Fridge,& Jacuzzi Tub. We were having trouble with the WIFI during our stay due to the high volume but (Jennifer) and her Brother who i assume run this place gave us a personal WiFi Code to use which i thought was really cool not that we really were using it anyway but it was nice to have to find out Local Things To Do.
The only slight thing i noticed was the beds were a bit dated and stiff but were not Unbearable. Plus if you swim enough and have a couple of cocktails you will pass out on them right away anyway ;)

Cool Spot and will definitely being staying here again next Summer No Doubt.
Thanks Again

Date of stay: September 2018
Jennifer L, General Manager at Saga Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. We love to hear when we have succeeded in making our guests experience in Wasaga Beach a great one.
Sorry again about the Wifi problems, but I am glad that it worked better once you had the other code.
We look forward to having you back again
Sincerely
Jennifer

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Our family of 3 rented the single bedroom cottage for one night in August and proved to be a great time! I will admit, I was hesitant in booking a room in Wasaga due to the really poor reviews of other venues nearby but Saga Resorts seemed to be the only consistently rated venue with good reviews. My 2 year-old daughter was comfortable at the cottage which was small but very clean and properly air-conditioned. The particular one-bedroom cottage is really two cottages with a partition with neighbouring cottages surrounding. Our car was parked only 10 feet from the door which made moving stuff in and out a breeze. The other main reason why we booked at Saga Resorts was the location. It was a really easy 5 minute stroller walk to the main beach! Towels and bedding are provided for the room but are not recommended for beach use. We experienced the last hot day in August, which immediately turned into a rain storm overnight. Inside, we were comfortable throughout. I think we were lucky that particular night because I don't think anyone rented the attached unit beside us but in the future, I think we would rent a bigger cottage for privacy reasons or some of the neighbouring rentable houses nearby, but would not consider anyother hotel/inn/motel other then Saga!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you kindly for your positive review. I am happy that you decided on Saga Resort and that we were able to help make your trip to Wasaga Beach with your daughter a good one.

We hope that we will see you again soon. Give us a call and we can help you arrange a larger cottage for your next visit

Sincerley
Jennifer

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We stayed in Saga Resort 3 years ago and heard that management has changed since. Bit disappointment was that they didn't have anymore superhot inside jacuzzi end of the main building - we heard that it wasn't any legal structure... Service level has improved since last visit, they even offered light breakfast and wifi worked fine. We stayed in cottage which was bit corny but practical for 4. There were some issues with electricity and bathroom door but they fixed problems right away. Outdoor area & bbq possibility was great. I just hope that they update their webpage.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I spent all my life growing up in Wasaga Beach, my Mom & Dad would take us up on the last day of school and picked us up on Labour Day weekend. We thought we were so hard done by but it was the most memorable time in my life. Went to Saga Resort to catch up on some of those good memories. Not only was it a clean hotel but I felt safe, although I was not alone. For a hotel out of town, it sure met our needs, we had a lovely few days, the weather wasn't 100% but you get what you make out of tour time! Few days, well spent, would recommend!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple