All reviewstim hortonsmotelcottageplaygroundfridgecleanliness
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Went back again this year from July 2 to 9th. Had cottage number 3 again and grandkids could hardly wait to get back. Once again you were greeted by Evonna and Gramham as family and all they could do to make your stay plesant they did. The pool, ping pong table and friendliness made it all worthwhile. If you have never stayed her but it on your list to do and you will love like us.

Room Tip: Cottages are great for families but motel units great for a one or two night stay.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We found this hidden gem 5 years ago "by accident". The kids and I needed a little break and left for a spur of the moment vacation in Wasaga Beach. We had planned on going for the weekend, I booked a room at another resort online before we left. We were only able to spend one night at the original place as it was filthy, noisy and quite dilapidated. We checked out early in the morning and looked for a nicer spot. After searching multiple places, we found Mermaid Motel & Cottages.
From the moment we pulled in, I knew this place was special. The owners, Ivona and Graham, were very warm and welcoming. Ivona showed us a cottage, very clean and well kept, we checked in immediately.
The grounds are beautiful, heated saltwater pool, ping pong table, kids play area, covered picnic tables, bbq and table for every cottage, everything is nice and very well maintained. It's minutes (walk) to the beach.
We had such a wonderful time, we stayed the week, and have gone back every summer since. We just got back from our 5th stay and I'm counting down till next year already!
I'm so glad we found this fabulous place and we look forward to our time there for many years to come!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Barb S
Reviewed June 2, 2016

The resort was very clean and well kept by the owners Iwona & Graham. We stayed in the 2 bedroom condo and were very pleased with the place. The boys enjoyed the grounds, Ping-Pong table and pool, although the pool did not open until 11am and check out was at 11?
It was perfect for our families BBQ'ing and close to the beach; not being close to the prom weekenders was a plus. We did find that the owners were very uptight and seemed to hover around the boys nonstop. I did not personally feel this but other families did have some issues with the owners yelling at the kids for breaking a ping pong ball...

Room Tip: if going in the summer, I would make sure the cottage/condo or motel room has a/c
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I've been here several years with my family and I'm pleased every time. The cottage space is cozy, neat and tidy. There are amenities in and around the area such as Tim Hortons, banks, grocery stores etc. and activities such as gokarting, hiking, cave exploring and much more. You can take a 5 minute stroll to the beach shore. I did notice though that when we visited this past Victoria weekend, the shore line had diminished dramatically (we last visited in 2013). We drove about 20 minutes to a beach in Collingwood- lovely beach and gorgeous view. Mermaid cottages is a wonderful place with friendly and accommodating owners. I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

We visit the Mermaid anytime we have to getaway from the busy traffic at our cottage..the owners are so accomodating and make us feel right at home. The pool is a great bonus..We will always come back...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple