All reviews tim hortons motel cottage playground fridge cleanliness
Reviewed August 26, 2016

My husband and I have stayed here twice this year in July and August, and it was amazing. Great people, warm pool, spacious rooms and loved that we could bbq our steak right there as well.We stayed a room with a kitchenette so convinient and lots of appliances in there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShariBill B
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I arrived for my first visit at the Mermaid 22Aug and stayed for 3 beautiful sunny days. What a fabulous time!

From the road, the Mermaid appears to be motel accommodations however, when you enter the property, it contains numerous charming cottages and condos. This GEM is decorated with carvings, totem pole like carvings and birdhouses.
I booked a very clean and very comfortable one bed unit that also contained a decent size fridge.
There is a heated salt water pool with plenty of chaise lounges and a couple of picnic tables with umbrellas on the pool deck. There is also a bbq area that is provided complimentary to guests. As well, there is a ping pong table.
Beach 5 is a short 5 minute stroll down the road. Superstore, LCBO and Tims are a 2 minute drive.
The owners are very kind, friendly and accommodating, ensuring daily, that I had everything I needed. I was also very impressed with them addressing their guests by name!
I was also fortunate to meet another couple of ladies staying there and we got along fabulously which just made the stay ever more fun!
I wish I had have learned about the Mermaid years ago but now I have, I definitely will be returning!!

Thank you so much!!!

Room Tip: Select one of the cottages or the side street motel rooms. Will be quieter there.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank karenamuns
Reviewed August 22, 2016

This is by far the best place for a family to stay in wasaga beach. The cottages are very clean and the area is well landscaped. Ivona and Graham are always very friendly and we feel like family. We have only very fond memories of our stays at the mermaid!

Room Tip: The cottages are the best option for a week long stay!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Another great stay at the Mermaid. A Very clean and enjoyable family run business. Cottages ,rooms and condos. Fantastic heated saltwater pool with a great deck. We bbq"d for 12 friends . close to the beach lcbo groceries and drug store

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liam L
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Went back again this year from July 2 to 9th. Had cottage number 3 again and grandkids could hardly wait to get back. Once again you were greeted by Evonna and Gramham as family and all they could do to make your stay plesant they did. The pool, ping pong table and friendliness made it all worthwhile. If you have never stayed her but it on your list to do and you will love like us.

Room Tip: Cottages are great for families but motel units great for a one or two night stay.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family