All reviews tim hortons motel cottage playground fridge cleanliness
Reviewed July 13, 2017

This is a family motel with rooms and cottages. Wifi is spotty. TVs & fridges in rooms. Variety of beds available depending on the room. Largest cottage has 3 bedrooms. The cottages get booked early in season. Very friendly welcome always. Cleanliness is important to them however you'll need to provide your own glasses and tissue. Coffee machines not found in motel rooms. Tim Hortons is on Mosley Street in a mall area to the right as you look at the street....not far away. The pool and playground are enclosed and appear to be very family friendly. Bring your own beach towels!

Room Tip: Rooms to the side and not on Mosley will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn154
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We decided to book it and skip off work for a few days to have a ladies getaway. We are all between 40 - 50. Weather in Ontario was the bomb this summer and when you can get a few days at the beach why not go to the longest freshwater beach in the world "Wasaga"? We chose the Mermaid because it is family run and has a reputation for being well located, super clean and the bonus of a saltwater pool.

We had a basic motel room on the main road. It was the lowest priced room they have. It came with tow doubles, great air con, a cold fridge. It was super clean and a nice 10 minute walk to beach access.

It was noisy due to construction out front on the main road but as we were at the beach during the day who cared? Not us. We all had folding chairs and walked to the beach where we hung out for the afternoon with a few chilled "travellers".

Walked back went for a swim in the really clean, warm and nicely appointed pool. Ordered pizza (can't remember the name of the place but it was in the hotels list) and it was really good - really bacon - properly cooked.

They have other room classes and housekeeping cottages which looked really nicely set-up with private outdoor space. (There was also shared outdoor space for barbecuing and outside dining for the motel rooms although we didn't use it as we ordered in)

Went for a twilight walk to shed some of the wine and pizza calories which was amazing. Big full mom and silvery reflection on a perfect Ontario summer night...

Beds were firm, room was super clean and comfortable. The management at the Mermaid makes sure the setting is fun and welcoming and clean. Obviously they've been doing this "right" for a long time. Great value for the price.

Would I come back - oh yes! we've got it pencilled in. See you on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank jeniszen
Reviewed September 19, 2016

My family stayed in cottage#4 for 2 nights. The owners were most welcoming and helpful. Our cottage was very spacious, clean and well equipped. We also had our own private bbq and deck. It is a great place for children, with the outdoor pool and play area and only a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pbenn2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016

My husband and I have stayed here twice this year in July and August, and it was amazing. Great people, warm pool, spacious rooms and loved that we could bbq our steak right there as well.We stayed a room with a kitchenette so convinient and lots of appliances in there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShariBill B
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I arrived for my first visit at the Mermaid 22Aug and stayed for 3 beautiful sunny days. What a fabulous time!

From the road, the Mermaid appears to be motel accommodations however, when you enter the property, it contains numerous charming cottages and condos. This GEM is decorated with carvings, totem pole like carvings and birdhouses.
I booked a very clean and very comfortable one bed unit that also contained a decent size fridge.
There is a heated salt water pool with plenty of chaise lounges and a couple of picnic tables with umbrellas on the pool deck. There is also a bbq area that is provided complimentary to guests. As well, there is a ping pong table.
Beach 5 is a short 5 minute stroll down the road. Superstore, LCBO and Tims are a 2 minute drive.
The owners are very kind, friendly and accommodating, ensuring daily, that I had everything I needed. I was also very impressed with them addressing their guests by name!
I was also fortunate to meet another couple of ladies staying there and we got along fabulously which just made the stay ever more fun!
I wish I had have learned about the Mermaid years ago but now I have, I definitely will be returning!!

Thank you so much!!!

Room Tip: Select one of the cottages or the side street motel rooms. Will be quieter there.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo