“Smells horrible!”

and 1 more site!
Wasaga River Resort Inc
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went there with a group of 10+ for family day weekend, mainly for the ski resort.
The place itself wasn't so bad. It has enough room to sleep, and there are some plates and towels.

One thing that I ABSOLUTELY HATE is the horrible smell in there. Although the room is non-smoking, the air was still filled with residual smell of smoke. I tried using fabrezze, it didn't help. I also opened up the windows, but it's too cold to make the air exchange properly. So I ended up washing EVERYTHING that I brought with me, even the clean clothes, because THEY ALL SMELLED LIKE SMOKE. My roommate later even asked me if I picked up smoking.

Based on this point alone, I would never come back to this place.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia X
nicolo_10, Owner at Wasaga River Resort Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

As owner operator and our Housekeeping staff. We sincerely apologize to these guests for the smoke smell inside this villa as the previous large group of guests that stayed in the villa were smokers and a bit sneaky! We try our best to enforce our, "No Smoking Policy" inside our resort villas, by signed contract rules and advisement to all registered guests and again upon check-in! Obviously, with cold temps outside, people have been seen smoking at the doorways or even inside the villa, and then they spray with air-freshener thinking nobody will know! A forfeit of the security deposit was applied to cover extra costs to again thoroughly refreshed and deodorized the entire villa, everything fresh again. So, Please don't Smoke inside our villas!

Reviewed 10 July 2015

When we arrived, Nick was very friendly and welcoming. The villas were spacious and in good condition. The decks and the view was spectacular. The villas were less than a 5 minute walk from beach area 1. The security guards were very friendly and were respectful of our space. Nick was very helpful and was always available when needed. Our group received our security deposits with no problems, as there were no damages or garbage left behind. Would recommend and return any day.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniela A
Elizabeth R, Manager at Wasaga River Resort Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Wasaga River Resort Inc. remains to be the Number 1 Operator in Wasaga Beach and with guests like you coming through our doors ...... Number 1 isn't a hard number to achieve. The Management Team @ Wasaga River Resort thanks you and your guests for staying with us in 2015. So glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our Waterfront Villas with your friends and family.
Thank you for the respect you extended us; respect for person and property. Hope to see you all again real soon !

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Yes, I'm a little late with my review, but that's nothing unusual. Upon arrival we stepped out and we were awe struck. Such a beautiful place. A warm greeting from Nick and Elizebeth and we settled in. The view from the back deck was gorgeous. The perfect spot with easy access to everything. The villa itself was spotless with all the latest amenities. Every detail to cleanliness, is taken into account. We were there for a family function and everyone went home so pleased with our accommodations that we all want to go back. Thank you Wasaga River Resort for such a wonderful time. We will definately see you again next year !!

Room Tip: All rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. No complaints at all.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Super clean, you could eat off the floors. Beautiful resort, great service and staff, very secure, great location. Close to all amenities. This is a must stay in Wasaga Beach. Located right on the river too.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 4 July 2015

This was by far the most beautiful place I have stayed at during a vacation. The owners were very helpful and nice and the Villas clean and inviting. My family and I intend to make this an annual spot. I already miss watching the gorgeous sunsets from the deck. Thank you Liz for everything and I look forward to seeing you again this fall.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Pammydee65
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Awesome place, I couldnt get over how clean the place was, and how nice. Wow so many bedrooms to be able to accommodate me and my party. More than enough room. And what a view!!! Was amazing to sit on the deck with a nice cold bevy and watch the sun go down, and equally as great to sit out with my morning coffee and listen to the birds and watch a few ducks and geese float down the river. Great location, a stone's throw almost to the beach, and a block up the street all the amenities I need, Walmart, the beer and liquor store, restaurants, Skull Island Mini Golf, Juniors Pizza. I cant wait to come up again and would definitely recommend the place. Superb owners, Big shout out to Nick and Liz, made sure we had everything we needed, clean linen on the beds, and loads of clean towels. And great to answer any questions about the town that we had, as to where to eat, shop and activities. Very knowledgeable about town events too.

Room Tip: My fav is Villa 40.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cory F
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Honestly laughing at others giving poor reviews...

Just finished staying here for the second time with 16 others for the Victoria Day Long Weekend and had a great time...

No complaints from Nick and Liz. They helped with any requests we had. Sure, we had one incident where they did not approve of (illegal visitor) BUT they were understanding as to only ONE person (the one who allowed the visitor in) was penalized... We made a lot of noise and received no complaints from security nor Nick and Liz.

Great location, clean house upon entry, and very friendly...

It's all about communication!

Clean bedding, clean living rooms, clean washrooms, plates, pots/pans, dishwasher and WiFi provided at moment of check-in!

The view from the patio is wonderful during the evenings. The location is on Beach 1 and near any needs of food, supplies, etc.

If you spend a bad time in one of these villas maybe you're just the bad time....

Hahaha, Thanks once again to Nick and Liz!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Paulo O
nicolo_10, Owner at Wasaga River Resort Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

To Paolo and guests, a Special Thank you to all 32 of your Registered Guests, for all your "Care and Respect for All Persons and Property during your 3 Night Vic. L-weekend stay with us, embracing our "Operating Policies" with common sense and understanding, during your entire stay! You are among our Finest Young Adult Guests, Annually ! As always our pleasure to host your large group, Your Exclusive Waterfront 6 bdrm Vacation Homes in Wasaga, Main beach One ! ... Warmest Regards, see you soon,, Nick and Liz ... Ps. Thanks for not bringing, " The Dog"