“All the meals from omelettes to liver and onions are excellent!”

West River Cookhouse
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Wasaga Beach
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Reviewed October 26, 2015

You are treated as somebody, not just another paying customer by everyone. It is a homey atmosphere.
Good meals without needing a bank loan!

4  Thank maw383

Reviewed October 24, 2015

After many favorable reviews from our neighbours, we finally visited this restaurant. It is on the small side and the tables are quite close together, but the ambiance was very pleasing. This is a homey establishment where you are welcomed as soon as you arrive in the door.

Jonna, our waitperson, is one of the best. Her service was perfect without being obtrusive. The halibut was delicious as was the homemade coleslaw and tartar sauce. The liver and onions were good as were the baked beans. The portions are more than adequate for a healthy appetite and prices very reasonable. Unfortunately, no room for dessert even though we asked what their options were.

They do have Creemore on tap! And their glasses of wine were filled to the brim.

We enjoyed every aspect of our visit. It's great to see a restaurant of this caliber in the east end of the Beach, so close to home.

We left with a smile on our faces, and a friendly goodbye from Jonna which was extended to everyone who left the restaurant. No pretentiousness here...just good food, great service and a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. Good job, West River Cookhouse!

4  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed October 19, 2015

My husband and I went for the first time on Saturday night for dinner. Saw the reviews on trip advisor so we thought we would give it a try. I had the chicken Parmesan and he had the fish and chips. Excellent meal! And to top it off I had the rice pudding. Soooo good! Needless to say, we went back on Monday for dinner again and was greeted by Joona with her warm and welcoming personality for the second time. They've only been open there 8 months and I can see why people keep coming back. Home made food and deserts and friendly owners. I hope they'll be around a long time!

4  Thank 12ALW12
Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

Wife and I just moved to wasaga have eaten here twice and will be coming back at least once a week. The owners are fantastic so is the food this is what home cooking is all about. ...way to go

3  Thank Bernie H
Reviewed October 17, 2015

My wife and I visited the West River for a Saturday lunch. After seeing cars there constantly I looked it up on Trip Advisor and saw so many favourable posts. Today we just wanted a burger as its our Saturday thing to do ocassionally and so we chose to try here. Not disappointed. Very clean venue and the prices are excellent. We met one of the owners who acts as your hostess and waitress. She was very pleasant and we were extremely happy not only with our burger (not homemade) and the accompanying great baked beans but the other food we watched her carry out looked awesome. As I mentioned before the prices are excellent and the quality is as well. We will be making this a regular destination and can't wait to try some items we saw like the fish and chips and dinner menu and specials. You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank Barry S