See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Got "traped" by Martin at the airport by showing nice pictures of his B&B. For what you get it is way to expencive. You finde much better places for less. The room was not clean, the bathroom nothing you wanted to use. He has wifi but it was almost usless.
I swichted to another much much cleaner, better AND cheaper B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank mrjamal
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Once u r @ the island, Martin will show his abusing powers, remeber, u there are NOT more than Five flights a week, so u can b trap by him....islinders do not accept foreign investment, so they have their owns rules....avoid Martin y Anita, the guy a psyco...

• Stayed: February 2011
7  Thank Monoacasias
Reviewed July 29, 2011

For context - I only needed a place for one night while waiting for a friend to arrive a day later. I arrived without a reservation, and Martin was the first to catch my attention. He quoted a price that was within my budget so I said yes.

Right away he gave a "city tour" which was helpful in pointing out the important places. He recommended a empanada stand (down by the port next to the soccer fields) where I ended up eating everyday - which was helpful. He speaks decent English (and supposedly 8 other languages).

The room, however, left a lot to be desired. The walls were thin, no towels were provided, the hot water was inconsistent. There was a left-over bar of soap. I came in July so I didn't use the A/C, but it looked busted. Breakfast was 4 slices of toast.

When my friend arrived the next day, Martin helped me to get back into the arrivals hall. (I promised that we would consider his place for the length of our stay.) We ended up staying elsewhere - although paying more. I feel like it was generally worth it though.

One initial attraction to Hotel Martin y Anita for me was that the place had WiFi. I didn't use it, so I cannot comment on price, speed, etc.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank greatrussian
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I must add my voice to the discontent expressed with regard to this hotel. I didn't book in advance thinking that I'll get cheaper and better at the airport. It's a myth to be busted - someone I met on the flight had the same price at a B&B of his own choosing, i.e. some place recommended by other travellers.

The owner wanted to over-charge at the end, there was hardly enough food for breakfast, everything's been said about this place, the bottom lines remains that I wouldn't go back to the same place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Crispatu
Reviewed April 22, 2011

A disgusting specimen. Ripped my son and I off from the moment we arrived. Do not let him organise trips. He charged us £300 for two trips which he said would not be expensive. He does not take credit cards contrary to saying he would on arrival.

• Stayed: April 2011