Nestled on a quiet beach, the bungalows are clean and well appointed by remote island standards. Containing a safe and fridge and a cute balcony with great view, be sure to ask front desk for hair dryer. They have them but not left in the room. The staff is just amazing. Everyone smiles and seems genuinely happy to have you there. The food was good. Lounge, dining room and coffee lounge are all open air but I never felt the need to wear bug spray. Overhead fans kept the areas very comfortable. Our group had a personal resort guide and driver, Lawrence. What a beautiful person. He did everything he could to make our stay and our time at the Mask Festival welcoming and comfortable - from cold bottled water and "VIP" seats at the festival [that means you are in a chair under cover on a dais] to suggestions for excursions and markets to visit. Would I return....given that it is halfway around the world for me....ABSOLUTELY! Thanks to all staff onsite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not only do we have a magnificent resort with traditional PNG architectural character and style. Come and experience some of our amazing land and sea tours. Whether you like snorkeling, diving, volcanoes, history or just lazing around, we have it all. Enjoy this magical tropical wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokopo Beach Bungalows Hotel New Britain Island
- Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort Papua New Guinea/New Britain Island