I was in Kokopo for a conference at Rapopo Plantation Resort, but was put in KBB (as the locals call it) as RPR was full. The second day they said that they could move me over, but I refused!
I had Suite 1, a huge self contained bungalow, which had a large bedroom, a kitchen with a washing machine, which was great to have, a bathroom, and a very large lounge. The lounge had a dinning table, sofa, and a loft accessible by a ladder. I can imagine families with kids could send the kids up to play.
There was also a nice veranda with a view of the sea.
I loved the bar and dinning room, the bar small and cosy, the dinning room large and expansive. There was a deck built out over the beach where you could have a drink and watch the sea.
There is a dive shop there, but the hotel is on a clifftop, perhaps 50 m above the beach, so I didn't venture down.
The meals very very nice as well, a tremendous lobster for K95
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not only do we have a magnificent resort with traditional PNG architectural character and style. Come and experience some of our amazing land and sea tours. Whether you like snorkeling, diving, volcanoes, history or just lazing around, we have it all. Enjoy this magical tropical wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokopo Beach Bungalows Hotel New Britain Island
- Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort Papua New Guinea/New Britain Island