All reviewsbeach bungalowplace to stayself containedwar cemeteryday tripwonderful locationonly down sidelobsterwashing machinesurrounding islandsnew britainswimming with the dolphinsdive centreport moresbysunday bbqbeach frontwalk around
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I was in Kokopo for a conference at Rapopo Plantation Resort, but was put in KBB (as the locals call it) as RPR was full. The second day they said that they could move me over, but I refused!
I had Suite 1, a huge self contained bungalow, which had a large bedroom, a kitchen with a washing machine, which was great to have, a bathroom, and a very large lounge. The lounge had a dinning table, sofa, and a loft accessible by a ladder. I can imagine families with kids could send the kids up to play.
There was also a nice veranda with a view of the sea.
I loved the bar and dinning room, the bar small and cosy, the dinning room large and expansive. There was a deck built out over the beach where you could have a drink and watch the sea.
There is a dive shop there, but the hotel is on a clifftop, perhaps 50 m above the beach, so I didn't venture down.
The meals very very nice as well, a tremendous lobster for K95

Room Tip: If your budget runs to a suite, go for it.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank KiwiBobCambodia
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

A group of 10 stayed here during the Mask Festival and the resort placed us under the wonderful care of Lawrence! We couldn't have been happier as he drove us to see the sites, made sure we had plenty of water, got the best shopping opportunities, etc. etc. Ask for his help when you arrive if possible......you won't be disappointed! Resort is beautiful, all the staff were kind and considerate, food was excellent and they even reserved us a table so we could sit together. Highly recommend - all around!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Nestled on a quiet beach, the bungalows are clean and well appointed by remote island standards. Containing a safe and fridge and a cute balcony with great view, be sure to ask front desk for hair dryer. They have them but not left in the room. The staff is just amazing. Everyone smiles and seems genuinely happy to have you there. The food was good. Lounge, dining room and coffee lounge are all open air but I never felt the need to wear bug spray. Overhead fans kept the areas very comfortable. Our group had a personal resort guide and driver, Lawrence. What a beautiful person. He did everything he could to make our stay and our time at the Mask Festival welcoming and comfortable - from cold bottled water and "VIP" seats at the festival [that means you are in a chair under cover on a dais] to suggestions for excursions and markets to visit. Would I return....given that it is halfway around the world for me....ABSOLUTELY! Thanks to all staff onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow facing the beach with a small balcony
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I visited Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort for the diving. I dived for 5 days and 4 nights (3 dives a day total). Lloyd runs a great operation down at the dive centre. All their gear was in near-new condition and worked perfectly.

The sites we visited were: Small Pidgeon Island Wall #1 & #2, Atun Wreck, Big Pidgeon Wall, Johnny's Wharf, Zero Fighter Wreck, Prawn Farm, George's Wreck, Biplane Wreck, Kabakon Reef, Evelyn's Reef and their house reef. All the sites were easily accessible in their smaller dive boat but they have a much bigger boat for group trips.

I would definitely visit Kokopo again and definitely would dive with Lloyd and the crew (who were all great) again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank foetusmachine
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Unique setting by the sea and the perfect place to disconnect from all preoccupation.
Authentic place to discover the majestic beauty of PNG. Kind staff and excellent food. The best papaya and mango ever!
Experience a truly unique early morning tour swimming with the dolphins and a touching visit to the war cemetery.
Wish I could have stayed much longer.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo