See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2016

a nice a clean place to stay in caracas walking distance to banks and bakeries.
clean room and confortable. it looks like it has been refurnished nice decoration and the restaurant is very nice as well. but its kind of pricey.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globalcityzen
Bettyk C, Gerente at The Hotel Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Hello tripperoftheworld! Thanks for your review.

Reviewed July 16, 2015

Ten years ago I stayed in this facility and it was excellent. Ten years have gone by and although the infrastruture is well kept, the service has gone the wrong way. Starting on reception, no sense of understanding when a long haul traveller is in real need to occupy a room. Breakfast was terrible and cannot be charged to the room, no credit arrangements. The room was not as clean as one would expect from a " hotel boutique" Not happy this time

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jesus Eduardo L
Reviewed June 20, 2015

The hotel facilities were as described....however not the service. We were very dissapointed with the condition of our room. When we notified the manager, we were informed that someone would be up to clean things up. Truthfully, we would have preferred just a new room. However, we decided it was okay to wait for the additional cleaning. Unfortunately, the additional cleaning never came! When we checked out the next day and voiced our concerns, we felt we were blown off. This hotel has a lot of potential, but it just didn´t measure up.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allison B
Reviewed May 11, 2015

This review is way overdue; I stayed at this hotel with my wife for mother’s day last year. I booked the "Suite Imperial" which is the 2nd best room this hotel has to offer. Their website is quite accurate as far as showing "the best features" of the rooms but they leave out some details. My room was quite nice, aside from some wires hanging out from the wall, some light bulbs missing everything a dirty bathroom glass wall and a missing ceilingtile everything else was quite well. Understand that this hotel is for couples. The showers have glass walls which as you can imagine allows you to see everything. This place is great for romantic getaways AS LONG AS YOU DONT MIND A TERRIBLE SERVICE.

Everything went south for my wife and I after we were returning from dinner. As we approach the front desk we were completely ignored by the lady who was there. I asked for my keys and after this lady looked at me she came to the conclusion I could not possibly afford that room. I asked her to check the reservation to which she said she was busy and after a minute she replied by saying my name was not on the system. MY BAGS WERE ALREADY IN THE ROOM.

I had to cool off for a second before I once again asked her to check the reservation. My wife had already lost her temper and demanded to see a manager and of course the reply was "she is not in the building". My wife and her crossed some words and at one point she called my wife STUPID AND IGNORANT. If it weren't for the bellboy who recognized us from earlier in the day this incident could have escalated to a much more aggressive conclusion. It was the bellboy who checked the system and indeed our names were there.

Little to say the mood of the evening was slightly ruined by this event. The morning after we officially complained about this incident and we were told we were going to get an official apology and some retribution. Action that until this day has not happened.

My wife and I travel often and it’s a shame when hotels put so much emphasis on their facades and not in their personnel. This Hotel is a great example of that, great look, awful service.

P.S.: I am still waiting for an apology from The Hotel - Caracas

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeMarcano
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The description set the stakes high, so we were very excited to have a room with glas framed bathroom and a whirlpool!!!! ;-)
The room looked almost as promised.
The drawback: the cleanliness! We didn't use the whirlpool because of that!
The hygiene in general was not adequate for the room rate!
The other amenities were OK, but nothing more! The staff is friendly. The reception area is nice.

Because of the hygiene, in respect to the room rate this hotel is below average.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple