All reviews tuck shop ablution facilities ablution block hot water boat trip reception area chobe river camping area well maintained and clean no electricity game park self drive south gate elephants walking an adventure running water spent two nights
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Far too high a price for the privilege of sleeping in our own car and with just a cold tap; it's also a nightmare to get to - OK, we can handle that, but this is a warning.
We visited just after it had rained and were driving a Toyota Hilux. It was 4 wheel drive all the way with the water a good meter deep in places along a ridiculously bad road. It was a good four hours to go about 50 kms ... finally we got to the last "bridge" which half way along disappeared under water of an unknown depth. It turned out to be the deepest bit yet, but we got through and with relief arrived to check in to the camp site.
We were the only ones there - not surprisingly as we found out when they told us the price - 1,000 Pula - over $100 US. It was so over the top we thought we'd heard it wrong - especially when we saw that the only "facility" they offered was one cold stand-by tap.
No we thought, we're not staying here so turned around and found another camp site about an hour away which was half the price and at least had a shower block, even if the water was cold there too.
I've travelled to most continents now but had dreamed about going to the Okavango all my life; I knew we'd see some great wildlife there but never in my wildest dreams did I think that the worst leeches would be humans.

Room Tip: Just save your money and go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2018

It was self catering, using my own equipment's and kitchenware, third bridge campsite is one of the best campsites in the Moremi game reserve looking at the location, service provided. During my 2 nights stay I did game drives, mokoro excursions, boat cruise the sunset cruise and the sunrise boat cruise where we drove the boat for two hours to reach the lagoon.

Room Tip: better self catering, never been into the rooms
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ALEC MATHOUSAND C
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

It’s amazing how some people visit a location like Moremi for the sole purpose of getting drunk in the bush. Honestly, go to Spain. Cheaper, and easier. We had a large group of guys next to our campsite, who were drunk day and night, and very loud. It ruined the ambience somewhat. Our sweet revenge arrived in the morning when a large elephant herd was blocking access to the toilets, which the fellow campers desperately needed to throw up in.
The ablutions were good, and the area fantastic. Getting to third bridge (over the bridge) was an adventure, but if you take it slow there’s no problem.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RucksackT
Reviewed December 5, 2017

It is self catering, which is perfect in Botswana, as the food is generally mediocre. Do not forget the price you pay for the quality. It is a bargain. I wish they would be more such facilities in the parks, as the rates are prohibitive. it is very well run. The Maun office manager Rachel is not only nice but efficient. Clean room, nice bed, quick hot water, cleaning service and cook your own food. I love it. Boat trip to the Delta are organised in Mokoro or motor boat. Excellent game viewing.

Room Tip: Tent called Lion is the best!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We spent two nights in the tented accommodation , and it was so much more than I expected . The tents have a double bed and en suite which is a lovely outside shower and toilet . The tents have solar lights and all the bedding is supplied with bath towels.
There is not cutlery etc so bring your own. Each unit has a fire pit but buy firewood before you enter Moremi. You definitely need a 4x4 vehicle to get here.
We had lots of visiting game in the camp , hippos at night elephants by day .
We will definitely be back . I downloaded Tracks4Africa on my ipad and used it to navigate our way around Moremi.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple