All reviewssteakmy husband and ispring riverbeautiful riverviews are amazingwould stay here againwonderful placevaleriesuitevalleygazebofireplacearkansas
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

After much online research for a relaxing place to stop and decompress on a trip home from Oklahoma to Memphis, we chose Bigger's bed and breakfast. The main things that sold us were an on-sight steak house with fully stocked bar, a pool and a hot tub. Upon arrival, our breakfast selections for the next morning were made and we were excited to relax and look forward to a nice steak dinner with a glass of wine. The steak house hours were posted as 4:00 to 9:00, so around 7:30, we headed back down. To our dismay, there wasn't a soul to be found in the "steak house", which also doubles as the breakfast dining. We found the owners back in the kitchen, who did offer to cook for us, but we declined as the experience we were looking for was lost. Not sure if the "steak house" exists or if the owners simply serve dinner when someone requests it. The pool was not opened yet and I saw a hot tub, but not sure if it was accessible or not. The room was nice and breakfast was divine. The owners were very nice and the view was beautiful. Overall, it was a good experience, just not as expected based on advertisements and pics. Would definitely try again during summer or early fall.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

We needed lodging between Memphis and Kansas City so we looked near Cherokee Village, AR. Found Biggers and we're delighted with the site, the rooms and most especially our hosts. This is an older facility - part of its charm - but the rooms are nice and clean. We stayed in River Vista and it was spacious as well. Breakfast was custom omelets and such. Our host showed us all over the property and gave us history of the place. Would stay there again.

Our only issue was with support in the area. It is rural and dinner appeared to be a problem. We found the Downhome Country Kitchen in nearby Hardy was open until about 8pm (off season and on a wedkday). Might be more choices during the summer.

If you are at all concerned, Mammoth Springs is only about 10 miles or so further northwest and has many more dining and lodging options.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob G
Valerie B, Owner at Biggers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Thank you so much for the great review. We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were there for a three-day weekend and not looking for anything elaborate. Their lowest-priced room was smaller than a normal hotel room but had everything we needed, including a comfortable bed. The food was excellent, owners and staff friendly and helpful, and the view beautiful.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jofloyd

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 10, 2015

I've stayed here two years in a row on business - for a week each time. The owners are so completely professional and also run an onsite steakhouse that I give 4 stars! When my room was double booked I was immediately upgraded to a suite! The morning breakfasts are substantial and the staff knows what customer service really is! Comfortable bed. Outstanding valley views. 100% peaceful at the end (or beginning) of a long day!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have fridge. Ask if you need fridge.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Trisha K
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here on a mens retreat. We stayed in the bungalow room. We were here from Sunday to Tuesday. We actually came to canoe and fish the spring river. The breakfast was awesome. Coffee was ready at 630 breakfast was not served till 830 which was great because my son and I got up early and went fishing about a mile away down the hill from the lodge. After our trip canoe Monday night our host served up a steak supper. This part is not open only Thursday through Saturday. However because of the large group they accommodated. It was definetly a awesome time spent with my son!

Stayed: July 2014