“Off season Awesome”

Lake Norfork Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Henderson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Excellent two night stay. Off season for most of the attractions around the area so not much going on. we had a group of 5 meet up at the Norfork Inn. The staff went out of there way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We spent most of our day traveling and site seeing. When we returned to the Inn we were greeted and always asked if there was anything that they can do to help our stay be as pleasurable as possible. The rooms were clean and all amenities worked good. I will recommend your place to anyone wishing to visit Norfork.

Room Tip: clean and safe rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BigBMW

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've seen some very negative reviews and I do NOT share those same thoughts or experiences. My family is very large and we have an annual family reunion. We just found Lake Norfork Inn within the last few years and have been going there since. We love it and we find them very accomodating. They care quite a lot about people having a nice time while they visit and it is apparent in the replies to some of the negative experiences as well as a couple of the little fluke things that have happened with our own family. Nothing is ever going to be perfect or run 100% smoothly but I know for a fact that Lake Norfork Inn tries very hard and they are constantly remodeling and updating. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the prices and location, and the rooms are nice. I didn't find the beds uncomfortable at all. The pool and hot tub have been clean when we've been there and I can't wait to go back and visit the sauna that I just heard they put in (they have a facebook page and they give updates often). As far as the breakfast, it's continental, but it's good - there's a pretty good selection. We've had no complaints, but if you DO have a complaint about it, you can get a room with a kitchenette and prepare your own breakfast. Overall, I really have no complaints. I hope this is where my family always decides to hold our annual reunions.

Room Tip: If you have a larger family, they offer adjoining rooms as well as suites - you really should take a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dawnewood
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I HAD to stay here due to a work related conference. Whoever booked this hotel must have hoped to punish everyone. My room smelled bad, a combination of mold and old cigarette smoke. My carpet was visibly dirty from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out (stayed for 3 nightmarish days) and was also worn to the point that I could see wood flooring in some places. My toilet was very, very dirty. Not stained, but dirty. Check out my pictures. One of the worst things was the INDOOR SMOKING AREA located right next to the breakfast buffet. REALLY??? Others on the same trip complained of the same problems with their room so I know this is not just me. Luckily, I read the other reviews for this place before staying here so I was equipped with Lysol.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kheap052
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Sorry about the uncleanliness. We are working on the issue, he have been short of staff and remodeling has just made things a hassle.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank handyhelper
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel was by far the worst stay that I have ever had. With a no cancellation policy during the holiday we had no other chioce but to endure the non working air conditioner and the spider and bug infestation. The bathroom look worst than a rest stop and we were lucky that they provided tissue. After speaking to the hotel owner himself, he states to me that the room we were in had not been rented out for the last 3 months related to the problems and did not bother to comp or even give us another room. My friend also sliced his finger on the refrigerator and required a Td vaccine. I know that this is very close to the marina but please you will be very glad you did not stay!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Heedthiswarning
lakenorfork, Manager at Lake Norfork Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

This letter is in regard to the July 6th report “the worst place ever”. The first thing we would like to address is that upon check in this group started with rude behavior toward the staff at the front desk. This behavior was overlooked because it was a holiday and the gentleman the guest was saying he had been drinking since early that morning. Upon check in there was some confusion over the room being in the motorcycle gangs or the guest. Our records show that they were checked into all three rooms in about 8 minutes. Upon leaving the office a staff member heard this gentleman refer to the front desk staff with obscenities. They also were yelling obscenities from the fourth floor to guests getting in and out of their cars.
Once the group went to their rooms there were no complaints called into the front desk about the quality or cleanliness of their rooms. After a little while the gentlemen was unable to get in his room and got very irate. Our housekeeper went to help him and he shouted obscenities and threw his keys over a 4th floor balcony. Our housekeeper was upset over her treatment and went to her immediate supervisor and security was called but the group was already gone to the lake.
Upon returning from the lake the problems continued several guests complained that as this group would go up and down the stair wells they would kick their doors. This behavior resulted in the motel loosing revenue as two guests left the morning of the third with refunds. This group never complained to the front desk or requested a refund until they were asked to change their behavior or leave by the owner.
The incident with the finger being cut was looked into by the hotel manager and when he went to the room and nobody answered the door. After a while the gentleman came to the front desk and handed the bloody key cards.
At 7:00 the front desk secretary came in and printed off some incident reports. At this time the gentleman with the cut finger was antagonizing the motel manager and was trying to pick a fight with Bob. He would say things like I hate stupid and this is stupid pointing to the manager. He was asked to fill out an incident report and he tried but couldn’t even read his own writing. He was given another report and asked to return it in the morning, which he did not do. All employees involved have incident reports on file. He was told that if he went to the ER for a vaccination all he had to do was produce a receipt and he would be reimbursed. Again no paperwork was ever given to the front desk. Upon leaving he said he would “handle “this his own way.
After leaving the office they threw a cooler of ice over the fourth floor balcony barely missing a child on the first floor. When the office personnel went out and told the woman not to throw her ice, she laughed and mockingly said “sorry” and continued to do it.
This night for the first time in the history of our hotel a man called every room from our first floor all the way to the 4th floor and would ask things like “how are you doing?” and this gentleman was obscene with our honeymoon suite and scared the woman. When front desk arrived their switchboard indicated that about 20 rooms had to unplug their phones. While we cannot prove that the gentleman carried out his,” I will handle this” threat it seems very suspicious that this has never happened before.
The owners came back into town on Sunday July 3rd and immediately went to handle the situation. The people were at the lake. Upon returning that evening the group was told that either the group change their behavior or they would have to leave. The never asked for a refund but assured the owner they would follow the rules.
As far as what was said about the rooms by the owner, it is true the rooms had not been rented out for 3 months and that is true. These rooms were closed and just reopened after being totally renovated and cleaned especially for the holiday.
Our experience is that guests who cause problemsones who post on sites like your in hopes of obtaining a free vacation, or ruin the reputation of businesses who do not accept their bad behavior.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Myself and a small group of friends stayed at the Lake Norfork Inn this past week while visiting family in town. During our stay i witness some VERY disturbing things. 1. MOLD in my room. Looked like at some point there was a poor attempt to cover it up with paint. 2.The toilet had pubic hair on the back of the urine stained stool. Along with a build up of urine along the base of the toilet. 3. Tub had cigarette burns on it along with the toilet seat. 4. Seam was ripped on top of sheets exposing loose threads. 5. Towel were old and dingy. 6. There was paint drips and spatters on the carpet everywhere around the entire room. 7. The trash outside smelled horrable. Which just happened to be right on the path to the front office. 8. The housekeeping was slow and not officient. 9. The pool had a cloudy look and did not smell like it had a bit of clorine in it......I feel that if i would have asked for my money back it still would have cost too much. We will take our losses and a lesson learned from not reading the reviews about this hotel before staying. To say the least, me nor family or friends will ever stay there again. I wouldnt even send my dog there! Again.....YUCK!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hene89
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I recently attended a function held in one of the convention rooms....It was dirty, the toliets didnt work, the PA system failed, dirty dishes, cob weds, ripped up carpet!!!. I definitely would NOT recommend holding, wedding, reception, birthday, corporate meeting, pageant or anything else there. The parking lot is in sad shape...Would NOT spend one night or one more penny on this place!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank putoutone

Been to Lake Norfork Resort? Share your experiences!