“Warm, cozy place with superb food. ”

Blue Mountain Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 18, 2020 via mobile

My family can't visit Jasper without having breakfast here. My teenage son frequently yearns for their Bird's Nest (skillet potatoes with onions, sausage, bacon, cheese, egg, and biscuits & gravy) all the way from our home in Houston, so Blue Mountain is usually our first stop once we get to town.

Friendly service, cozy atmosphere. I wish we were there right now. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank TieDyeMom
Scott Z, Owner at Blue Mountain Cafe and Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2021

Thank You!!!

Write a reviewReviews (161)

Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

Stoped in for a quick snack, but after seeing the menu, decided i needed a full meal. I ordered chicken crispers for an appetizer, they were cooked to perfection and the seasoning was amazing. Turkey bacon ranch sandwich on homemade bread with fresh cut fries was absolutely delicious! The desert case looked delicious. The service was top notch. I will definitely be back, and i recommend 100%.

1  Thank 429zaliap
BlueMountainBakery, Owner at Blue Mountain Cafe and Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2020

Thank you so much!! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed November 13, 2020

On a day when we hit yet another new high in COVID cases and local hospitals are running out of space, employees wore masks around their necks. When asked to please wear a mask, she pulled it to her lip and said "it won't go any higher." There is a sign on the door that says "If you don't wish to wear a mask we will assume you have a medical condition and you can assume that everyone that works here has a medical condition too." Tables were crowded together. They did offer to let us wait outside after we ordered if we wished. I believe this to be unhealthy and irresponsible. I hear the food is good.

4  Thank rhondahJ7349LH

Hi. This is the owner. I have spoken to all of my wait staff. NOT ONE of them has had an interaction with you. We ask everyone with 'to - go' orders to wait outside. I don't give anyone an option. Some of the tables themselves may be close, but we seat customers at tables based on the number in their party so that we can keep customers 6 feet from one another. God bless and keep safe out there.

Reviewed November 7, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed the fried potatoes, BLT, the lumberjack, and Turkey bacon ranch sandwiches. Everything was SUPERB.
We took some baked goods home. Best pumpkin roll and muffins!
So good. Highly recommend.
Staff masked and tables spaced apart.

Date of visit: November 2020

Thanks. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 1, 2020

My wife and I stopped to get some take out. We entered the cafe and realized that no worker, waitstaff, register worker nor any of the kitchen staff were wearing any face protection. When we inquired about this, a staff member simply stated, "we disagree". We promptly left.
The health department is working diligently in trying to protect Arkansas from COVID. The protocols for restaurants are not difficult to follow. This wanton disregard for the health and safety of their community as well as visitors to their town is inexcusable and I believe in violation of the health protocol established by the State Health Dept. I rated the food, service, and value a 1 star for the simple reason that this establishment poses a potential community health risk for not wearing any protective face coverings during this pandemic. AVOID

Date of visit: October 2020