All reviewsbed dormsalt flats tourgreat hot showeruyuni tourperfect hostelgreat stopoverbreadrecommend staying herebig common roomdecent facilitiesla pazconvenient placemin walkstayed for one nightbeds were comfortablebasic accommodationbreakfast was included
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

This place was super pricey for Bolivia, and not really worth the money in my opinion... but all in all it was a functional one night stay. Hot water and kitchen to cook. We had a heater in our room which was pretty nice. Basic breakfast. You might need some extra blankets...

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed December 2, 2015

The beds in the dorm was nice and comfy, but the included breakfast was very sugar and carbohydrate heavy.

I stayed there one night and booked another night from when I returned from the 3-day Salar de Uyuni trip, however, the trip ended sooner than I expected and was able to change my bus ticket til the same night as I returned to Uyuni. I had already paid 35 bolivianos (50%) for the booking, and was thinking that even if I was not going to stay there I could take a shower, they offer that for 20 bolivianos, but the manager said that even though I had paid 35 for the booking, I had to pay 20 extra for the shower. I left.

Some friends that I met on the tour were staying at Hostal Oro Blanco, and even though they also changed their bus ticket to same night and had to cancel their booking, of which they hadn't prepaid ANYTHING, they were allowed to shower there for free. I had to pay 20 bolivianos to shower there, but that was fine.

It's just that difference in service mindedness I wish I knew about before I chose where to stay in Uyuni.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I booked a bed in the dorms through Hostel World and it was ready when I showed up the night before my salt flat tour. I was in a six bed dorm with three bunks and the beds were quite sturdy. The room was warm at night and I was able to sleep with no problem. The room had an power cord with four outlets and they were definitely used up almost all the time. You can find other outlets around but then you have to trust that no one is going to take your phone while it hangs out in the common room.
In the morning I took at shower at the first available moment (7:30am) and had a great hot shower. I also paid 20 Bolivianos at the end of my trip and that time the water waned from hot to cold the whole time (at about 6:30pm), not sure what happened there. Also, they let me use their hair dryer. Score!
The breakfast was basic with coffee/tea, cereal, milk, yogurt, and bread/jam. I do wish the eating area was a bit bigger as were were all having trouble fitting in the space.
The wifi worked well in certain areas and not as well as others. Someone commented to me that they should have a router/booster in the common room since this is where people hang out, and I agree. Having the best wifi occurring outside in the courtyard in a place that gets quite cold doesn't make much sense, now does it?
Overall this was a good choice in Uyuni for the beginning or end of your salt flat tour, and I would recommend it to people.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2015

The breakfast was the best part of the hostel - it was very good. Unfortunately my room was freezing even with the heater they supplied. I had to improvise and use several cushions and pillows to block out the draft coming through the windows.The shower was simply awful, they did respond quickly when I reported it broken but only to do a botch job so that the next mornings shower was the same :(
The WIFI was almost non-existant.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

I just stayed one night in the anyway touristic city after the uyuni tour (like most do) this hostel was perfect to make friends and interact with other travellers! Its big, has multiplie showers (just change if its cold -> didnt see that anyway) staff friendly and open minded! There was really nothing bad..

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo