All reviews salt flats tour great hot shower uyuni tour perfect hostel bunk beds great stopover recommend staying here decent facilities la paz min walk basic accommodation the wi fi common areas day trip heater blankets bolivianos
Reviewed December 25, 2015

This hostel is perfectly located for shopping for salt flat tours. But that is about it.
The service of the employees is bad. The wifi is bad. We saw a mouse running out of our dorm room. Half the showers was working. Okay, those which were working were great. Breakfast is very very minimal and the kitchen is hardly a kitchen. There are no windows (in a 8p dorm), so get warm and smelling in the night.
But... since you are probably only gonna spend one night, it is fine. Just do not expect too much.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2015

I personally did not book this hostel, my friends did so I could not leave a review on Hostelworld. After coming from a 3 day tour of salar de uyuni starting in San Pedro, I missed the signs on the hostel bathrooms that apparently say doing laundry isn't allowed. There was also another person who did this but they were allowed to hang their clothes on. There was a female staff constantly peeking into the bathroom- probably to check who all were doing laundry but not actually saying anything.

When I asked for pegs to hang my clothes the manager told me I was making him really uncomfortable and I should keep in mind that this is a desert. I asked if they provided a laundry service and he said no. I said if he cared so much about water conservation he should mention to people during checkin that there is no laundry service and washing clothes is not allowed; also put a timer on the showers because at the time they were unlimited. His reply was "Instead of saying all these things you should be apologising to me for not reading the sign."

I did not pay this hostel money to be insulted or to be reprimanded like a naughty child. I had just come from San Pedro de Atacama which btw is also a desert and nobody ever had a problem with us doing laundry. I was sick and cold and this guy decided to yell at me in front of everyone who was sitting outside.

0/10 unimpressed.

Room Tip: Room are quite good.
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

This place was super pricey for Bolivia, and not really worth the money in my opinion... but all in all it was a functional one night stay. Hot water and kitchen to cook. We had a heater in our room which was pretty nice. Basic breakfast. You might need some extra blankets...

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed December 2, 2015

The beds in the dorm was nice and comfy, but the included breakfast was very sugar and carbohydrate heavy.

I stayed there one night and booked another night from when I returned from the 3-day Salar de Uyuni trip, however, the trip ended sooner than I expected and was able to change my bus ticket til the same night as I returned to Uyuni. I had already paid 35 bolivianos (50%) for the booking, and was thinking that even if I was not going to stay there I could take a shower, they offer that for 20 bolivianos, but the manager said that even though I had paid 35 for the booking, I had to pay 20 extra for the shower. I left.

Some friends that I met on the tour were staying at Hostal Oro Blanco, and even though they also changed their bus ticket to same night and had to cancel their booking, of which they hadn't prepaid ANYTHING, they were allowed to shower there for free. I had to pay 20 bolivianos to shower there, but that was fine.

It's just that difference in service mindedness I wish I knew about before I chose where to stay in Uyuni.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

I booked a bed in the dorms through Hostel World and it was ready when I showed up the night before my salt flat tour. I was in a six bed dorm with three bunks and the beds were quite sturdy. The room was warm at night and I was able to sleep with no problem. The room had an power cord with four outlets and they were definitely used up almost all the time. You can find other outlets around but then you have to trust that no one is going to take your phone while it hangs out in the common room.
In the morning I took at shower at the first available moment (7:30am) and had a great hot shower. I also paid 20 Bolivianos at the end of my trip and that time the water waned from hot to cold the whole time (at about 6:30pm), not sure what happened there. Also, they let me use their hair dryer. Score!
The breakfast was basic with coffee/tea, cereal, milk, yogurt, and bread/jam. I do wish the eating area was a bit bigger as were were all having trouble fitting in the space.
The wifi worked well in certain areas and not as well as others. Someone commented to me that they should have a router/booster in the common room since this is where people hang out, and I agree. Having the best wifi occurring outside in the courtyard in a place that gets quite cold doesn't make much sense, now does it?
Overall this was a good choice in Uyuni for the beginning or end of your salt flat tour, and I would recommend it to people.