All reviews salt flats tour great hot shower uyuni tour perfect hostel bunk beds great stopover recommend staying here decent facilities la paz double room with private bathroom min walk basic accommodation breakfast included the wi fi common areas warm blankets day trip
Reviewed January 9, 2016

I have a feeling that all accommodation in Uyuni is overpriced due to the influx of tourists. This hostel was certainly nothing special, and more expensive than my B&B in Sucre, BUT I will say: the beds were clean and comfortable, there was hot water in the shower, simple breakfast was provided, and wifi worked well for rural Bolivia. That's fine with me for a night or two.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank GumnaJaane
Reviewed December 25, 2015

This hostel is perfectly located for shopping for salt flat tours. But that is about it.
The service of the employees is bad. The wifi is bad. We saw a mouse running out of our dorm room. Half the showers was working. Okay, those which were working were great. Breakfast is very very minimal and the kitchen is hardly a kitchen. There are no windows (in a 8p dorm), so get warm and smelling in the night.
But... since you are probably only gonna spend one night, it is fine. Just do not expect too much.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2015

I personally did not book this hostel, my friends did so I could not leave a review on Hostelworld. After coming from a 3 day tour of salar de uyuni starting in San Pedro, I missed the signs on the hostel bathrooms that apparently say doing laundry isn't allowed. There was also another person who did this but they were allowed to hang their clothes on. There was a female staff constantly peeking into the bathroom- probably to check who all were doing laundry but not actually saying anything.

When I asked for pegs to hang my clothes the manager told me I was making him really uncomfortable and I should keep in mind that this is a desert. I asked if they provided a laundry service and he said no. I said if he cared so much about water conservation he should mention to people during checkin that there is no laundry service and washing clothes is not allowed; also put a timer on the showers because at the time they were unlimited. His reply was "Instead of saying all these things you should be apologising to me for not reading the sign."

I did not pay this hostel money to be insulted or to be reprimanded like a naughty child. I had just come from San Pedro de Atacama which btw is also a desert and nobody ever had a problem with us doing laundry. I was sick and cold and this guy decided to yell at me in front of everyone who was sitting outside.

0/10 unimpressed.

Room Tip: Room are quite good.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

This place was super pricey for Bolivia, and not really worth the money in my opinion... but all in all it was a functional one night stay. Hot water and kitchen to cook. We had a heater in our room which was pretty nice. Basic breakfast. You might need some extra blankets...

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed December 2, 2015

The beds in the dorm was nice and comfy, but the included breakfast was very sugar and carbohydrate heavy.

I stayed there one night and booked another night from when I returned from the 3-day Salar de Uyuni trip, however, the trip ended sooner than I expected and was able to change my bus ticket til the same night as I returned to Uyuni. I had already paid 35 bolivianos (50%) for the booking, and was thinking that even if I was not going to stay there I could take a shower, they offer that for 20 bolivianos, but the manager said that even though I had paid 35 for the booking, I had to pay 20 extra for the shower. I left.

Some friends that I met on the tour were staying at Hostal Oro Blanco, and even though they also changed their bus ticket to same night and had to cancel their booking, of which they hadn't prepaid ANYTHING, they were allowed to shower there for free. I had to pay 20 bolivianos to shower there, but that was fine.

It's just that difference in service mindedness I wish I knew about before I chose where to stay in Uyuni.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo