All reviews salt flats tour great hot shower uyuni tour perfect hostel bunk beds great stopover recommend staying here decent facilities la paz double room with private bathroom min walk basic accommodation breakfast included the wi fi common areas warm blankets day trip
Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

Not sure why there are so many reviews about poor service on here - we received great service! The lady who runs reception was very helpful in letting us know where things were and best bus companies etc. the dorms were a good size and the showers were extra hot! It is more expensive than many other hostels but to be expected for a tourist town like Uyuni.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed January 13, 2016 via mobile

This hostel is in a good location, the showers were hot with good pressure and the place was generally clean. The stairs and floor boards were so creaky, I honestly think someones foot will go through them soon. The kitchen doesn't even have a fridge! The breakfast was okay, pretty typical Bolivia, stale bread and tiny bowls for cereal. Breakfast often wasn't ready when it should be and there would be like 10-15 people all waiting. Then you would all be queueing and waiting for toaster etc. Wifi barely works and only if you sit on the stairs or landing. Doesn't work in communal areas at all. I was on top bunk, the beds were quite high and it had ladder. There was a step ladder in the room (one of those fold out ones), but barely any space to use it with everyones bags etc. Plus 2 of the beds had no ladder, so had to share step ladder. Difficult when you want to get out of bed but the ladder is over the other side of the room!

The staff however were SO rude. The rudest staff I've come across in 8 months travelling. It's like they don't want to run a hostel and don't want you there. We arrived after a really long bus and needed the toilet really badly but they said no until we had checked in. They charge you to stay after check out. I heard them several times be really rude to other customers who asked simple requests. The list of rules on the wall of the dorm was so long, it was like a prison. You can't turn the heater on when you want in the room.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2016

I have a feeling that all accommodation in Uyuni is overpriced due to the influx of tourists. This hostel was certainly nothing special, and more expensive than my B&B in Sucre, BUT I will say: the beds were clean and comfortable, there was hot water in the shower, simple breakfast was provided, and wifi worked well for rural Bolivia. That's fine with me for a night or two.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank GumnaJaane
Reviewed December 25, 2015

This hostel is perfectly located for shopping for salt flat tours. But that is about it.
The service of the employees is bad. The wifi is bad. We saw a mouse running out of our dorm room. Half the showers was working. Okay, those which were working were great. Breakfast is very very minimal and the kitchen is hardly a kitchen. There are no windows (in a 8p dorm), so get warm and smelling in the night.
But... since you are probably only gonna spend one night, it is fine. Just do not expect too much.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2015

I personally did not book this hostel, my friends did so I could not leave a review on Hostelworld. After coming from a 3 day tour of salar de uyuni starting in San Pedro, I missed the signs on the hostel bathrooms that apparently say doing laundry isn't allowed. There was also another person who did this but they were allowed to hang their clothes on. There was a female staff constantly peeking into the bathroom- probably to check who all were doing laundry but not actually saying anything.

When I asked for pegs to hang my clothes the manager told me I was making him really uncomfortable and I should keep in mind that this is a desert. I asked if they provided a laundry service and he said no. I said if he cared so much about water conservation he should mention to people during checkin that there is no laundry service and washing clothes is not allowed; also put a timer on the showers because at the time they were unlimited. His reply was "Instead of saying all these things you should be apologising to me for not reading the sign."

I did not pay this hostel money to be insulted or to be reprimanded like a naughty child. I had just come from San Pedro de Atacama which btw is also a desert and nobody ever had a problem with us doing laundry. I was sick and cold and this guy decided to yell at me in front of everyone who was sitting outside.

0/10 unimpressed.

Room Tip: Room are quite good.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo