1,023 results
All reviews unique experience unique hotel buffet dinner small hill common areas games room room facing buffet style de sal remote location watch the sunset wooden floors hotel built reception area hot water day tour stayed one night
Reviewed March 24, 2016

I stayed here for twi nigths in February 2016 on a adventure trip. This large, attractive hotel is situated in a good location with a top view. The property is absolutely spotless as are the good-sized, comfortable rooms and awesome. the service spa is great evean is small but nice, you have to realized you are in middle of desert and the service of this hotel are top 5 stars, The professional staff are helpful, efficient and friendly. The breakfast buffet is substantial and well-presented. I would definitely stay here again, we recommend the hotel whrn you visit uyuni

Room tip: deluxe rooms awsome views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
lunasaladahoteldesal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel de Sal Luna Salada, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Dear Guest :

First thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It is a pleasure to know you had an excellent stay in our hotel. Considering it as top view and a perfect location.

The hotel has been perfectly designed on a hill in order to offer the best view of the majestic salar. We are glad you could enjoy it.

We are pleased that you can enjoy excellent food and are the breakfast was substantial. These comments will be forwarded to our restaurant.

It is a pleasure to hear that their rooms were comfortable, good sized and awesome. As we work to provide quality service.

I have shared your comments with my team and they were delighted to see that they have met with your expectations.

Thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

This hotel experience was one of the most uneven I've had in 30 years of traveling. The central spaces are lovely, cozy, and very unique with salt construction and walkways. Staff were friendly and helpful and we appreciated them greatly.

In order to maximize views of the salt flats, the rooms extend along very long hallways away from the main lobby and activity rooms. The suite we were put in was several hundred yards/metres away from the lobby, and was not built in the rustic, cozy style of the main hotel. The suite was larger than some apartments we've lived in, but was shoddily constructed with low quality fixtures and indoor-outdoor carpeting. There was no phone or guest handbook in the room, so we had to go all the way to the lobby if we had any questions. The rooms were cold and cavernous and the shower alternated between piping hot and freezing cold. Our suite had views of the salt flats, but the windows were dirty and did not open. Nor was there seating by the windows or any kind of deck or balcony.

The sauna was not working and the hot tub was dirty.

The restaurant was adequate but expensive for what you get.

It should be noted that this hotel is 2 kms (over a mile) as the crow flies from the salt flats, and significantly further on the roads. Taxis are very expensive and the hotel charges US$12 per person for its shuttle service, so you won't save any money or time staying here as opposed to at another hotel or in town.

None of these disappointments would matter that much, were the hotel not so expensive. We don't mind paying premium prices for premium experiences, or having cold and characterless rooms with bad plumbing - but in the latter case we expect to pay less than this hotel charges.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear GlobalMom:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback.

The hotel has been designed and built in order to show the world the beauty of the Uyuni Salt Lake so we are pleased to hear your admiration for the use of salt in it. And you have been enjoying the best views of the majestic Uyuni Salt Flats.

We are very sorry for not fulfilled your expectations. We will take corrective measures necessary to the case.

As you could see the hotel is in the middle of nowhere which makes it very difficult logistics and service. However, every effort we make for that our customers will not notice this difficult and instead of this enjoy stay in a rural area with adventure and natural beauty with facilities that offers the city.

We wish to clarify that the prices set for products and services of the hotel have been seriously analyzed and considered so that guest can afford to buy and feel satisfied with them.

We hope to have another visit soon and so can enjoy our improved facilities.

Again we apologize and hope that in a next visit we can meet your expectations.

Thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

Spent only one night - hotels is on the pricey side (about U$160/night), but it's quite an experience and a treat to spend a night in this gorgeous hotel made of salt, considering it's in the middle of nothing. We did the one day Salt Flats tour, after which we got dropped off at the hotel (it's on the way from the flats to Uyuni). Staff very polite, nice front desk employee even lent me an electrical converter as my laptop (US outlet) wouldn't plug in the existing outlet. I apologize, because I of course forgot to return it next day and left with the converter. We had no problem with heat/cold, it was just pleasant end of Feb, and the shower was hot. Restaurant okay, a bit pricey compared to other places in Bolivia, but again it's the location. Wifi doesn't work in the room, you have to be in the common areas/hallway or by the reception. We pre-arranged taxi pick-up for next day back in Uyuni, local taxi driver promised to pick us up and drive to the airport for $30 (it's about $45 if booked with the hotel). My friend tried to lick the wall, lol, and yes, it's made of salt!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank YvetteG970
lunasaladahoteldesal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel de Sal Luna Salada, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Dear Ivetteg970:

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

I’m very happy to know that your stay at our hotel was great. You can enjoyed our hotel made all of salt. The salt room where you could enjoy a hot shower which is completely comforting after a long journey.
The restaurant and especially our personalized service which constantly seeks to meet their expectations and achieve a comfortable and pleasant . We are pleased that our staff was able to solve the inconvenience of electricar converter for you to use your electronic equipment .

We hope to have another visit soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

We stayed only one night. Our travel agent had rated this hotel as "basic". We rated it as better than the five star rated hotels we had stayed at for several nights in two areas of Chile. The design of the hotel was superb with great views towards the flats, spacious and interesting public areas and very spacious and beautifull bedrooms. OK it was lacking swimming pools, spas and gyms but none of these facilities were relevant for the main purpose of a short stay to experience the massive and exceptionally beautiful salt flats. The hotel was several kms away from Uyuni town which was also a plus, given that the town was not especially interesting or attractive. The food was buffet style at all meal times- but with a huge choice and very deliciously cooked.
It maybe the hotel rating had been lower in the past because it was clear that substantial additions had been made to it recently. Deserves a big upgrade!
The staff were efficient and friendly.

Room tip: Choose in the most modren of the recent extensions
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RobWoodbridge

Dear RobWoodbridge:

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. "Great Location for the Fabulous Uyuni salt Flats".

We are prestigious guest are vital for hotel. And so we are very happy to hear comments like that you send us gives us great satisfaction because if your stay was pleasant and enjoyed our work is done. And it motivates us to remain committed to constantly improving our products and services to achieve the connotation of our guests .

We welcome your comments about the delicious food of the restaurant, which will send immediately to our restaurant staff .

Thanks for choosing us again , hopefully soon return.

Reviewed March 7, 2016 via mobile

I am at this hotel right now, and I have to write a review of my experience.

My room:

:is quite good but has very low connection with WIFI. Only one signal is caught.

: I tried to take a shower, but...no hot water.
So someone had to come and fix. Now it is running, but water pressure is soooo low.

: One big fly....is flying around in my room with a loud noise. How pleasasnt!

: I will stay here for 2 nights, with 2 full breakfast included. But the day we are leaving, we have to leave so early from the hotel to catch the flight, so we cannot have breakfast which we paid for.

So I asked staff the price of breakfast( 100B), and the price of dinner(150B). So..there was 50B of difference per person. I asked if 2 of us could pay 100B more and join dinner instead of breakfast, but....the answer was NO.

I am not really sure if she understood what I was explaning, but she said because I booked through 'booking.com'.( I dont understand what she meant. Booking through agency means....what?).

Overall, the biggest excitment that I had concluded with the biggest disappointment.

It is not worth money.

I couldnt wait to stay here, but now I cannot wait to leave

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
lunasaladahoteldesal, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Sal Luna Salada, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us.

As we pride ourselves for delivering the best experience to our guests during their travels, it shows clearly from your comments that we have fallen short from our goal for which we apologize
We truly appreciate your comments and will use your feedback to take corrective actions to improve our services and products in the future.
Thanks.