We had a great, relaxing 6 nights on Bokissa. The resort, the only 'business' on the island, is not large nor luxurious, but wonderfully laid-back and friendly with good service and good food. The fares/cabins are spaced and each has its own verandah seating, plus chaise lounges plus double hammock. Ours had a queen bed and a single and was quite spacious. We had no feeling of crowding at Bokissa so it was perfect for a relaxing break. The snorkelling was really good with varied coral and amazing fish immediately available from the beach in front of the resort. The water is clear, making the snorkelling really good even on overcast days. Each day everyone was offered 2 different choices for lunch and 2 for dinner, and the meals were always good. We all ate together on a terrace with a wonderful view over the pool and water and we enjoyed the people we met during our stay. Lunch and dinner (12:00 and 7:00) are a long time apart, and I was glad I had brought snack food for an afternoon cuppa each day. I would really recommend bringing snack food. Bokissa is not the BIG tropical resort experience, and doesn't pretend to be. It is a really nice, comfortable, uncrowded and quiet tropical resort with very good snorkelling and walking where you eat well and could meet interesting people to share meals (and maybe snorkelling) with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is a 30 minute fast boat ride from Luganville which is the main town in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. Bokissa is 16 absolute beachfront bungalows on a beautiful island of 175 acres of pristine beaches and tropical rainforest. Walk out of your bungalow onto the sand and into the water - straight off the beach snorkelling and just 10-20 minutes from world famous wreck and reef diving. Bokissa's tariff includes return airport transfers and all meals during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bokissa Private Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bokissa Eco Island Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Bokissa Eco Island Santo
- Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo