Belere Hotel
Hotel Ksar Assalassil(Erfoud)(Great Value!)
US$213
Palm's Hotel Club(Erfoud)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
bedfinder
El Ati Hotel(Erfoud)
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 9, 2007

We stayed here to vist Erg Chebbi without realising there is now a range of accommodation by the dunes. It is a massive tour hotel, and when we were there about 18 people were in it. As a result most of the hotel was closed down and the only food in the evening was a set meal with no choice. We do not eat meat (the only choice was veal) and reluctantly they did do us half a quarter chicken portion between the two of us. Breakfast was dismal. The room was adequate but very functional (eg for a 4 star hotel we would expect a few amenity packs, soap and a hair drier) and only CNBC (business channel) in English on the TV. Erfound is over-provided with hotels and all look/seem as if they are on their last legs.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Ramseys
Belere H, Manager at Belere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Ramseys,
I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at the Belere Erfoud. I am especially sorry that you were not served food in accordance to your beliefs and practices. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit 5 years ago, the Belere Erfoud has improved greatly, in all aspects. We hope that you will return to the Belere Erfoud and observe all of the wonderful improvements that have taken place. I am certain that this time around, you will find the cuisine to be divine, and you will enjoy your stay. We will be more than happy to cook a personalized meal for you, in accordance with your preferences. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com

Reviewed November 21, 2006

Good location for dunes of Sahara, but about 1.5 miles from town so without taxi no shopping.
Lovely gardens and nice pool.
Rooms massive with two double beds, but poor maintenance.....drain blocked, shower floods because of design and too small a shower curtain. Phone broken.
Buffet fair.
A typical package hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank bigmacdonald
Belere H, Manager at Belere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear BigMacdonald,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the gardens and pool. On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear that you found the maintenance to be poor. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, numerous improvements have been made at the Belere Hotel Erfoud. We have hired a more experienced and qualified maintenance staff, and there are absoultely no problems with the drain or shower curtain. In addition, we have made several changes in our restaurant, and greatly improved the quality of the food. I hope that you will return to the Belere Hotel Erfoud and witness all of these wonderful improvements. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at management@belerehotel.com Once again thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 24, 2006

We stayed at Belere one night as part of a package tour on the way to the Dunes. The facility has a lot of potential to be a great resort, but is not maintained well. The pool was filthy and unusable. The plants and shrubs needed some pruning. The rooms were clean, but lacked the usual toiletries (lotions, etc.). Dinner and Breakfast were included as part of our package, and was just barely edible!! At dinner, many items at the buffet were just barely warm, some bland, and there was not much of a selection. Breakfast was terrible--we sufficed on muffins and coffee. (We had much better food at our tent camp in the desert!). The staff was friendly and courteous.

We suggest good research to find some other hotel if you plan to stay more than one night. This hotel passes as a comfortable place to sleep on the way to somewhere else on your journey, but eat in town if you are hungry.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GCrackr

Dear Gcrackr,
Thank you very much for having reviewed the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel, and on behalf of everyone at the Belere Hotel Erfoud, I sincerely apologize. I am very pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, numerous and significant changes have been made to the Belere Hotel Erfoud. We have cleaned and treated the pool, and hired a more qualified and experienced maintenance to staff to ensure that it is properly monitored. In addition, we have made several modifications to our restaurants, ranging from the staff to the menu to the ingredients we purchase. As you said in your review, this facility has the potential to be a great resort, and we have made it on. We hope that you will return promtply in order to witness the wonderful transformations that have taken place. This time around, we are certain that you will have a delightful sejour. If you have any questions or comments, or if we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to contact me directly, you made do so at management@belerehotel.com

Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed here as part of a tour of Morocco. This was definitely the best hotel we stayed in. Nice rooms with great air conditioning, especially important in the Sahara in summer. Very friendly and helpful staff. We thought the buffet at dinner was one of the best we encountered, lots of variety. The pool is lovely and the whole hotel has a very peaceful atmosphere, I am surprised there are so many rooms, we felt that we were stayng at a much smaller more intimate hotel.

Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank trvlinbrit

Dear Trvlinbrit,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment on your experience at the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were satisfied with the atmosphere as well as with the cuisine. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, we have made many improvements to various aspects of the hotel. I hope that you will return to the Belere Hotel Erfoud to relive the wonderful experience that you had, and to make new ones. If we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may reach me directly at management@belerehotel.com Once again thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to read about your experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2006

Stayed here 1 night while exploring the Merzouga dunes. The hotel is situated like a Kasbah(see pic) with only ground floor rooms. It is more western style and even has a very large pool. The rooms/bathrooms were clean and spacious. The location is little far to be able to walk into the main parts of Erfoud, so most of your meals will probably be here. The dining experience is avg, so if you can try to take a taxi into downtown Erfoud. The staff will be very happy to arrange Merzouga dune experiences, but you can find it slightly cheaper on the outside.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank inspdeck

Dear Inspdeck,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience and that you found the staff to be helpful. I am sorry to hear that you were slightly displeased with the food. I would like to let you know that since your visit six years ago, we have made vast modifications to several aspects of the hotel, including the restaurants. I am certain that if you are to return, you will find the cuisine to be exquisite. We hope that you will return to the Belere Hotel Erfoud very soon, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com We look forward to seeing you soon.