Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
dilini2016
Toronto, Canada

Corporate Greed

Review of Parkview Inn
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 14, 2016
Stayed at Park View Inn Moshi Oct 10th 2016. We were supposed to be there for 2 nights but managed to get our flight changed and left after 1 night. After settling the bill for the previous night I explained to the staff at the reception that I am leaving at 12 noon (checking out time was 10am). Just before I left the Management told me I had to pay the day rate (1/2 price) for the 2 rooms we occupied because we did not leave at 10am. I pleaded with them to let me pay 1/2 price for 1 room only but they insisted and I paid USD 80 for the 2 extra hours we occupied the room. Yes, it is a decent looking hotel but, to me, this was corporate greed at the worst....I do not think they care for "customer satisfaction" but need the last bit of money that they can squeeze from the clients. The beds are as hard as rock and hot water runs out quite fast. I will try Keys hotel next time. Hopefully the Management will see this and try and give the next clients a break!!
Date of stay: October 2016
Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
PVIMAdmin, Manager at Parkview Inn, responded to this review
Responded Oct 16, 2016
This is an inaccurate review created by a guest who is carrying out his threat to do so because he did not get his way. We have an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars and thousands of happy guests each year.

There is no "corporate greed" here - we are a business that has rules which are consistent with the industry.

As the guest pointed out, he had a reservation for 2 nights but decided to leave after 1 night due to no fault of Parkview Inn
Guest notified the staff that he was checking out early at 2pm the day of. This is less than 24 notice. Guest was also well past the check-out time.

Therefore, not only was the guest leaving without giving adequate notice, he also only wanted to pay the half day rate for 1 room, when his party had 2 rooms occupied.

Charging half day rate for 2 rooms is reasonable and should be expected.

C$200
The view of Mount Kilimanjaro from our restaurant
    C$34
1.6 km from Parkview Inn
View more hotels in Moshi
All reviews stayed here kilimanjaro climb hot water nice pool sitting area swimming pool on site restaurant top floor two nights final night pre and post breakfast included place to stay rooms are clean and comfortable the wi fi close to town air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2016

We checked in at Parkview inn few days before climbing up to Mount Kilimanjaro. It was a fantastic experience! It's definitely a lot better than I expected. Staff were very friendly and the rooms are spacious and very clean! They even provided us drinking water everyday! Breakfast was amazing too! Wifi is a little slow at times but otherwise I had a great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
PVIMAdmin, Manager at Parkview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

Thank you! Happy to hear you had a pleasant stay!

Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

I had spent a very nice time in Parkview inn. It is the best hotel in Moshi town for tourists coming for climbing mount Kilimanjaro and safaris in Tanzania. Susan and Eva at reception are very cooperative and friendly. They are always very polite towards their guests.
Muneera the manager is also very cooperative. She helped me a lot in arranging a safari. I will recommend this hotel to every one.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you! Happy to hear you had a great stay!
See you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

Fantastic service, clean rom big and amazing space, nice and unbelivabel service from reception, Susan Mshana was my contact, She loocked after me and my daugther all time to be sure that we have a good time 24 h at our stay, All i can say....Ill be back :-))

Room tip: all rom looks great, we was 20 person all love the room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PVIMAdmin, General Manager at Parkview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

Thank you! Happy to hear you had a pleasant stay!

Reviewed September 30, 2016

We visited this hotel in September 2016. The accommodations were far superior to what I expected. The room was well appointed - we were fortunate to have a suite but the other rooms looked fine. The hotel was like an oasis in Moshi. The gardens were very green and the pool setting was very restful. Well located - we could easily walk to town for a meal or shopping. Also easy access from the highway. The staff were ALL friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included and included a buffet with fruit, breads and beverages - they also offered eggs to order. I can't say enough about the staff, including the manager. They all went overboard to make us feel welcome and help with our every question. I would highly recommend it. They also offered free wif and bag storage (we left for safari for a few days then returned).

Room tip: Suite was wonderful
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here before and after climbing Kilimanjaro.

The rooms are basic, but adequate. Water pressure in the showers is a little low and the beds are hard as a rock. Additionally, try to avoid a room in the eastern part of the hotel. There is a rooster next door who cannot tell time and begins making a fuss around 3 am. I stayed with a group occupying five rooms. Those on the western part of the hotel did not hear the noise in the middle of the night, although the rooms on that side of the hotel seemed a little older.

Breakfast in the morning was satisfactory -- a couple local selections, toast, made-to-order eggs and a selection of fresh fruit. You are charged an additional ~$0.75 for a small bottle of water. The restaurant also offers lunch and dinner. We had appetizers and drinks one night -- the waitress seemed totally confused and it took forever to get our food.

Laundry service is available. Drop off by late morning and they say it will be ready by 5:30 pm (mine was dropped off at 8 am and came back at 9 pm after repeated questioning). They apparently also offer a service to clean backpacks after finishing with Kilimanjaro.

The hotel stored my luggage while I was on Kilimanjaro. Additionally, they will lock up your valuables (for me -- cash, credit cards, passport, and iPad) while you are on the hike. A full inventory is document before locking the stuff up (down to exactly how many of each various bill denominations you have).

The hotel is surrounded by a fence with a guard to open the gate, so security seemed fine. I'm giving this place three stars, but that is relative. I'm not sure if there is anything better in Moshi. In the states, this place would garner no more than two stars, but it serves as a decent base to set out for Kilimanjaro (provided you don't mind the rooster).

Trip type: Travelled with friends