All reviews stayed here university lobby floor china chinese
Reviewed July 23, 2018

If you visit Guangxi University, this is the place to stay. Great in all ways but one; The elevators have a very low capacity. If you live high up, expect to wait for a long time, and expect the elevator to stop on most of floors going down. Good and cheap restaurant - especially the buffet on Level 8.

Room Tip: high up despite the elevator problem. Unless you smoke; ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2017

There is more to this hotel than a comfortable room and bed. This hotel is loaded with amenities: an iMax movie theatre, four good restaurants, an English speaking front desk staff, and more.

My Chinese is not good enough to do a lot of things. The concierge, Huang Miao Fang, speaks very good English and was able to answer all kinds of questions. Petch Chen, guest relations, always present and available in the lobby, was there to help as well. Neil Nong did not speak English with me, but it was no problem for this resourceful young man. He can communicate very effectively. I do not usually comment on housekeepers, but Nong Hui Ming did an excellent of job cleaning up after me. I am a slob. I really am. No problem of her.

The restaurants are all good. The buffet breakfast is so big my pedometer logged a quarter mile (400 meters) just walking through to find everything I wanted. They have a good western selection, and Chinese of course. Then you have Wendy’s Coffee and Bakery on the ground floor, well-known as one of Nanning’s best coffee shops. There is a Hong Kong restaurant in the second floor with one of the best chicken soups I ever tasted. If you have any question, Linkin, the manager can answer in excellent English.

There is a spa with an excellent tuina massage. A little pricy, but by the end you’ll have to admit that you really did get you money’s worth.

I thought that the whole experience at this hotel was a good value.

(The hotel is situated right on Metro Line One, Luban Lu station, exit D.)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here two nights for business and I loved it! For the price, it is already one of my favorite hotels in China.

Big, clean and well decorated rooms, with a small balcony where you can chill if weather allows. Comfy bed. Spacious bathroom with a small round bathtub.

I slept perfectly as the room was very quiet.

Breakfast buffet offered a wide selection of foods and was tasty.

The staff was helpful and can speak English.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2017

That hotel has difficulties providing non-smoking rooms... and the smell in the smooking rooms is awful.. add to that a useless wifi, a shower that's on the edge of falling of the wall, no convenient store around and no English channel, first night was bad. They changed me to a non-smoking room, a bit better. So require rooms on the high floors! However, the reception staff was useless when I checked out and took them 20 min to settle a 2 nights bill. There are better choices in Nanning for that price!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

Bad WiFi room smells of smoke broken shower head .no English TV channels poor maintenance carpet needs cleaning .moved us up one floor. Room was cleaner room still has smoke smell.shower was different and worked. Some noise from construction going on next door

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple