All reviews soft opening high level front desk staff star hotel great hotel shopping mall seekers oil hardware housekeeping lobby china marriott floor
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This hotel is great value for money - opulent lobby with guzheng-playing ladies, huge modern rooms, psychedelic indoor swimming pool, good hotel restaurant and a shopping mall next door. The staff are very polite and attentive though housekeeping is a little less than perfect. This is the first time I've stayed in a Wanda chain hotel ; this left me with a great impression and I will definitely look for their hotels the next time I am in China.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
宾客服务中心 万, 主任 at Wanda Vista Nanning, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate you highlighting the experience during your recent stay at Wanda Vista Nanning, and we are pleased to hear that you are in general satisfied with our hotel. It is always encouraging to receive positive comments like yours that we will share with our team to continuously improve the quality of our services. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night before catching the train to Hanoi. The hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome, they always ensured that there was someone who could speak English on hand to help us out. We also received an upgrade to a nicer room - thank you. There is a shopping mall right behind the hotel with a number of restaurants. If you leave the hotel make sure you take the address in Chinese for your taxi driver as (understandably) there isn't much English spoken in Nanning!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
宾客服务中心 万, 公关经理 at Wanda Vista Nanning, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Great service all around
Hotel opened in 2013 and is well kept
The food so far was pretty good for where and when we are so I give them the A . The half lobster was a nice touch on our anniversary.

Pool is great for laps
Not a kid friendly place and they were very accommodating

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guests,

I am very glad you chose to stay at Nanning fuli Wanda Wenhua hotel and share your experience! The hotel has been pursuing continuous improvement and improvement in service quality to make guests feel satisfied with their stay experience. Shortcomings we will try our best to improve. Thank you again for your comments. welcome to visit us next time!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this same hotel 4 years ago when it was on its soft-opening. I was surprised then by the excellent hardware and the matching great personal service, which out-shone the iconic Marriott by not a small margin.

This was my 2nd stay and had witnessed a lot of changes:

1. The good:
*construction work around the area had completed and the underground carpark operational. Free parking for hotel guests.
*Central location with a big shopping mall next to it.
*Service quality of front desk staff maintained at high level.

2. The bad:
*Price booked directly through the house was high and ways al least 20% more than booking through one of the popular hotel apps such as Hotel.com and /or Expedia etc.
*Poor housekeeping in that I found hairs and scrapped contact lens on the floor, and no power supply from the plugs when check-in (although they sent some one to fix it after 2 telephone calls).
*Slow wifi speed although it was free.

3. The ugly:
*Cafe for breakfast scored the worst service award. The receptionist was interested in only recording the room number, and you would be on your own to look for a seat.
*Ambience was cramped and stuffy, the air quality was severely degraded by the oil smoke emitted from the open kitchen where a lot of frying was in action.
*The cafe seemed to cater more for group convention guests and tourist/pleasure seekers where most of the tables were 4-6-8 or more seaters. There were only 7 two-seaters at the far end of the restaurant for couples or single business person like me. Chances were the loners would have to sit together at communal table with all other pleasure seeking strangers.
*Wait staff all wore poker faces and rather unwilling to render any service needed. I made my own coffee at the machine, and looked for a coffee spoon without success. Requested the wait staff for the spoon and received a comment from her "go get one yourself at the table nearby"! The problem was that all 25~30 tables around mine had no coffee spoon set with the coffee cup!!!
*The only thing not ugly about the cafe was variety and quality of food which remained better than average.

I shared my e Petrie next with the front desk staff, and she was very apologetic and vowed to let it known to the senior management.

Will I recommend it to others. Maybe only when you were booking at a special group conference rate, and you don’t mind looking after yourself with minimal help from the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
宾客服务中心 万, 经理 at Wanda Vista Nanning, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Wanda Vista Nanning, and I would like to apologize for the unprofessional service. Your review have been shared to our management team already, and we pay much attention to this problem. We will work on improving our training to ensure this will not happen again. It is always important for us to receive guest comments like yours that we can strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and products. Look forward to see you back in Wanda Vista Nanning, assuring you that no effort will be spaced to make sure you next visit is a memorable one..

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, fantastic bed, well appointed and fresh carpeted room so idea for young toddlers. Banquet food was excellent and wine prices reasonable. Sadly, despite the No Smoking signs, they allow smoking in the lobby bar indoors - that was a turn off. When we complained we were told to go and sit in vibrantly lit the lobby to drink our cocktails !

The 5 star rating just plunged to 4 at best if your a non smoker.

Date of stay: May 2018