“One of the best I've been to...”
Review of Escala Tagaytay

Escala Tagaytay
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I came here for my cousin's wedding. We stayed overnight in one of their family rooms. I can't talk about the rates or compare it among other hotels in the area since my cousin paid for it. ☺

Pros:
✔Beautiful scenery of Taal volcano right outside our room
✔cable tv and strong wifi connection
✔toilettries, towels and slippers were provided
✔hot&cold shower
✔breakfast
✔refrigerator with foods inside but at a cost
✔rooms and toilets were clean and modern
✔friendly staff

Cons:
-buffet breakfast was common for Php780 rate

We had a great time preparing for the wedding in this hotel. The view was great and the staff were so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

On the picture this hotel look like Amazing
Unfortunatly when we arrive in this hotel our expectation went down.

The view is very nice okay !! But that all.

The pool is very dirty. When there is no sun . Its freezing the pool is not heaten .
There is one restaurant. Only few choices. The service don t know what they served. The quality of food is average.
This hotel is only good to go for one hour take picture and go in other place after that all.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Booked a room service massage with the receptionist and told us that she’ll come back to us to confirm availability. We have to ask/call them several times to confirm our booking. We even gave them my mobile number so that they could send us a message since we went out for dinner. After 3 hours of waiting and several follow ups, they told us the massage service is fully booked! They could have informed us beforehand so that we could have gone to a different spa house but it’s too late!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel was new so it was clean and the bed was small but comfortable. They have free toiletries and thick white towels. What i like about this hotel is it's walking distance from Sky ranch, has a nice view of taal from the restaurant and have an picturesque infinity pool. It's cold though. Our room has a small balcony overlookibg the pool. The breakfast was average.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I have tried almost all high-end hotels in Tagaytay. This is by far the best hotel so far in Tagaytay. So photogenic – whatever you see in the billboard is just exactly how it look in reality. I got a huge discount from an online travel site. I got the room for only P4,400 but the published rate is P7,000 plus. The hotel lobby staff did not ask for deposit probably because of my complaint about parking. They have limited parking slot. A bigger parking space is still under construction.

My room with terrace is situated at the middle. I can see the pool and the side rooms below. At night, the swimming pool is lighted with a nice design pattern.

Breakfast is buffet – choice of egg and toppings, bread and salad bar, garlic or plain rice, bacon, sausage, porridge, corned beef, roasted chicken, bottomless infused juices and brewed coffee. For a price that I got, all worth it!

This hotel is near Robinson’s and walking distance to Sky Ranch

Room Tip: best view of Taal
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed during a company event. We were like a group of 65 who had a party at the Sonata function room and stayed overnight. We did choose the menu but the fish was raw!!! The chef came in and offered dried fried lumpia with sweet chili sauce from a bottle! How very disappointing! I ate late and noticed that one of guest relations lady was dumping food on her plate from the buffet table. She couldn't look me in the eye. I was then left with one slice of pork! We moved on to our partying and no servers can be found during the party. The guests were quenched and no bottles nor glasses of water can be found. Me and my colleague had to go out of the. room to look for servers. Overall, service and food is poor. Basically, you're paying for the overlooking pool.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

If you want to relax with an amazing view, Escala is perfect. The view is majestic. Food is good as well! Its a very peaceful place and all the staff are very accommodating... They are very attentive to all your requests and needs... they also have an infinity pool with taal as your background... great for pics... I just wish they have a warmer for their pool for the kids.. But overall, our stay was very memorable... and we are planning to comeback soon... if you are planning to go here just make sure to reserve early because its always fully booked!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family