“Unplanned Get Away”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Unplanned Get Away”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My friend and I happened to feel burned out of work and just wanted to cool off a bit. We decided to go to tagaytay since we only have 2 days off. With a tight budget we manage to find this hotel "View Park Hotel" just near PIcnic grove.
It's a small hotel so better not to expect too much but this one sure has its points. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.Ans with a price of Php2000 a night, its worth it. Air-conditioned room, Hot-cold shower, complimentary breakfast for 2, cleanliness, not spacious but its fine if its only for a night. If you're expecting great scenery by the window, sorry, no such. But you can enjoy fresh cool air ^_^. The only thing that disappointed me was the TV. not cable and reception is pretty bad!
The hotel's location is perfect to leave your bags and just cross the street to enjoy your stay at the park. And if you plan to go to People's Park after, all you need is take a ride on a jeep to get there.
Overall the Hotel is a great place to stay while and after exploring Tagaytay for a whole day, and then head home the next morning after a hearty meal.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank VhanKyzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 17 March 2012

It isn’t often that you can find a hotel where you are treated like a long lost family member...so much warmth and hospitality! My family and i started off as walk-in customers of View Park Hotel. In search for an available family room, we tried our luck with them. We were unimpressed by the room that was assigned to us. The furnishings and interior looked plain. The view from the window was not even that of Taal. But, we were won over by their brand of service! It somehow made up for the physical limitations of the establishment. Their attendants were friendly and solicitous. They exerted all available means to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Charmed by their hospitality, we even stayed with them on two other occasions. An added treat to their guests is their restaurant, the Red Lemon Grill. It serves the best crispy pata in town. Even food connoisseurs have awarded them for this dish. Though cooked with hardly any remaining fat on the slab, it is not dry and dull, but utterly flavorful. And true enough, the skin is very crispy! Whenever we are in Tagaytay, my family can’t resist coming back for their home-cooked meals. It is not surprising that based on internet reviews, more and more guests have emerged as regular patrons of View Park Hotel. This unassuming hotel really knows how to pamper its guests!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sonjie923
Reviewed 11 March 2012

For me, customer service matter! if you exceed that, then the rest are just a plus. service is awesome, warm welcome plus all the things we need they make sure to provide us. clap clap clap!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank amilpokwang
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for the main reason that their Standard room is really cheap (P2000 per night). During the 1st day of my stay, Bagyong Quiel is at its strongest so we stayed at the hotel all day and I was able to really scrutinize the services of the hotel. I'm not really impressed. I did not set my expectations high since I associated it with the price but I was still disappointed. The room was really small and I can't really say it's super clean. Breakfast is okay, they offer a limited choices to choose from though. The cafe is quite pretty but the food was so-so. I give my praise to the staff assigned in the cafe who was really attentive and accommodating. We also requested for an extra pillow and our request was granted after the 5th time we asked. Not all the staffs were friendly. We're planning to go back to Tagaytay this coming March but this time we're looking for another hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank supersionx
Santa Maria, Philippines
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We just had a great and wonderful stay at this hotel. perfect as it should be. two thumbs up especially the service, cleanliness, food and room. Not to mention the special setup. Great job. we sure will be coming back for more soon. Special Thanks to sir Fred and Mam Ren.

Room Tip: Shower temperature on deluxe room can maintain hot temp. Wifi connection a bit slow
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mark_Aries
pasay, philippines
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The reviews I read on this hotel are different from what I have experienced. Maybe, it’s because we booked the cheapest room at P2,000, but which I still do not consider cheap for the size of the room is too small as you can see from my photos. The room’s settings got me a stiffed neck as the television is located on the side of the bed. So, while watching lying down, I have to turn my head to the TV set. For a small room, it is best to have an LCD attached to the wall in front. I have to go to the spa the following day for a neck massage. The hotel is expanding and a low rise building at the back is soon to open. To our dismay, when we opened our window, the construction workers are there gawking at us. Our room was at the ground floor. We felt that we do not have privacy during our stay as construction workers come and goes by our window side. From the previous reviews, it appears that their breakfast is good but again to our dismay, it is nothing but just an ordinary breakfast in a so-so fastfood outlet. The coffee tastes like dirt. The only consolation we got is that the staffs are all friendly and courteous. We even got extra pillows free of charge.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rickyrose
uk
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I liked the area and the people so much I brought my own villa next door, after staying in this hotel with probably the most helpful and accomondating staff I cant wait to go back and see them . you dont have to stay in the hotel just go to the cafe or restruarent in the hotel they treat you as if you are a guest paying top dollar even if you just want a glass off water i would recommend this hotel to everyone 100% you will notbe dissapointed :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family