Metro Manila's pollution index soars to stratospheric levels when its populace lit up firecrackers to welcome the New Year! While colorful and dazzling, the allergies and respiratory illnesses New Year's revelry spawns drives us to friendlier climes. What better day than to drive up to Tagaytay and not be caught up in the igloo of smog the morning after! Agoda's weekly invitations to try out the discounted rates of hotels got the better of us and ensnared my wife and I to book one bedroom suite at One Tagaytay. Booking online was a breeze: in a huff $180.50 was swiped off my Master Card! When we checked in, I discovered that such rate was not discounted at all. It was the rack rate! To compound it, we never got to enjoy the Philippine Senior Citizen's 20% Discount and 12% VAT-free privilege. So for all Philippine Senior Citizen Cardholders, be warned: online bookings do not give discounts!!!
My wife and I checked into a very small but clean room. It reminded us of Japanese hotels in their puniness. The presence of a loveseat qualified the room to be classified as a suite. One step inwards and we reached the bathroom. Another step brought us into the bedroom with a queen sized bed. The beddings and pillows were very clean and fluffy.
The curtains in the "living" area that opens to the terrace are dusty and not easy to draw. They should be cleaned regularly.
Both the living area and bedroom have one flat TV each with cable connections.
The biggest disappointment is the internet connection. It took us half-a-dozen calls and follow ups with Front Desk to get us connected everytime we use the net.
The breakfast buffet was so so. While Tagaytay is best known for its pineapples, papayas and bananas, what was available that New Year's Day morn was not the best. A cup of hot chocolate, as an alternative to coffee, tasted like a plain 3-in1! The egg station was located at the opposite side of the hall, away from the buffet.
Checking out and cleaning up our things, we could not locate laundry bags. Looking for a bell boy to bring out our things took a while, we had to bring out our luggages ourselves.
Overall, we will still return to One Tagaytay but not at USD180.50!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tagaytay – the perfect weekend getaway for people living and working in Metro Manila with only a 1½ hour ride via South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).When it comes to hotel accommodation options, One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites offers all the best qualities of a deluxe hotel with its cozy and tastefully designed Deluxe Rooms, One-bedroom Suites and Penthouse Premier Suites. “We use quality 300-thread count linen for a relaxing stay in our guestrooms,” said Mr. Ruben Alcoriza, General Manager of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites. “Couples, families, as well as business and social functions, appreciate the comfort that our cozy hotel rooms and facilities provide, especially that we’re located on the Tagaytay-Calamba Road and on the quiet side of Tagaytay.” The elegant and spacious Penthouse Premier Suites (bookable via phone reservation only) provide full-scale accommodations with enviable views of the Tagaytay mountain landscape and stunning scenery of Taal Lake. Ideal for family and group getaways are the “Avant” 3-bedroom suite and “Allure” suite, which are also regularly used as a bridal suite for the hotel’s wedding clients. “We offer customizable and affordable wedding reception packages that offers the same level of quality cuisine as that of our very own Azalea Restaurant,” said Mr. Alcoriza. Indeed, One Tagaytay Place is an ideal destination to unwind and celebrate with guests after a memorable exchange of marriage vows.One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites is a preferred venue for business and social functions with its value-added packages offerings. “For professionals who want to hold conferences and seminars with privacy and convenience in mind, the hotel has varying sizes of seminar rooms and a grand ballroom that can hold 200 people,” Francisco added. “In fact, the elegant Aurora Grand Ballroom, is a popular venue for wedding receptions and social events.”Completing the hotel is a spread of amenities such as a the O’Spa, Azalea Restaurant which serves its signature bulalo and Tawilis Pizza, a sports bar, fitness center, business center, art gallery, and a swimming pool on the 9th Lower Penthouse floor overlooking Tagaytay City. A convenience store and a Rowena’s Tarts branch can also be found in the hotel premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
- One Tagaytay Place Hotel Tagaytay