“more smile please.” 3 of 5 bubbles

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
“more smile please.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

we had our accomodation last february 05'12. we stayed at a deluxe room. the size of the room is tolerable but the size of the bathroom is unacceptable. its too small that i'm having a hard time moving in the area. the hotel staff are a bit snobbish. we enjoyed our stay on our own.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nueva Ecija Province, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I originally booked a twin deluxe room in this hotel since its the only available room in the reservation site, but when we arrived, the receptionist agreed to change it to double deluxe w/o hesitation or only because it was during weekdays. As we enter our room we were shocked that the room is somewhat small, but the bed and sheets are very comfy. Another thing I loved is their infinity pool overlooking the hills. They offer buffet breakfast but fewer choices only. Overall our stay is good, but not good enough for a four star hotel.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aizer20
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Spent overnight in this hotel on Feb 26, 2012. Check-in was a breeze. I think the owner was there to oversee my check-in process. She was very hands-on in running her hotel. The room was clean, hot shower (but you have to wait a few mins before it gets hot). Staff are so friendly. All staff will greet you when you pass by each of them. That's how special they'll make you feel. Pool on the rooftop was cute. I really like the feel in the room. No problems with that. Checkout was a bit disappointing because they don't provide late checkout even with payment. You'll be charged the whole day if you extend after 1pm. :( I was planning to leave the hotel by 5pm even if I pay extra but their policy made me leave 10 mins before 1.

major con- you can hear the conversation on the other room. I agree with some of the posts here that they should at least soundproof their walls. Or maybe what we got was a connecting room and the other room can be heard through the door. I even think they're having sex and I can hear their moans. What if I had children with me?

I will definitely come back to this hotel only if they guarantee me an empty room beside my room. Everything else was superb. Breakfast is buffet filipino breakfast. Staff are so courteous but will gossip altogether about you behind your back. haha. But it's ok. All in all, I still love this hotel

Room Tip: do not get a connecting room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khrise
Makati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I promised to be objective in all my reviews and I'm not going to butter anything up. This happened on February 26 - 27, 2012.
GOOD:
When we got there, everyone was smiling and courteous - from the bellman, front desk peopls and service masters. The bellman immediately offered to assist us in carrying our bags, and left our room with a smile on his face. The service masters that we met in the corridor all said good afternoon or good evening. The room size was okay (we stayed at room 412). The people who checked and replaced the fridge were prompt and apologetic. Having robes in the room was nice and the 7/11 right infront of the road was conveniently located for the guests.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
The room smelled like a sewer when we got back. The smell seemed to have come from the bathroom's drain. We turned on the bathroom vent and opened the sliding glass door leading to the verandah to air the stink out. The rooms need to be sound-proofed. We were able to hear the conversations, sounds from the tv, and foot steps of the people outside and from the room beside ours. This is on top of my "Annoy Nina" list. We even though that there were some people quarelling in the hallway 'coz they were really noisy, only to find out that the 4 rooms beside and surrounding ours were occupied by people who knew each other (probably a team building of some sort). They were talking really loudly while standing just right outside the doors of their rooms - which went on intermittently throughout the night. I'm not blaming the rowdy and inappropriate behavior of the visitors on One Tagaytay Place, but maybe some visitors need to be reminded that they shouldn't speak too loudly in the corridor. Here's one important fact: If the rooms were made in a way that noise from the other room and outside can't be heard from inside, that wouldn't have been a problem. The light bulb in the verandah was busted. The shampoo in the bathroom seems to have already been used (it was 3/4 full). The ladies who were supposed to welcome us at breakfast didn't appear welcoming at all. There was no smile, no good morning, and these ladies did not say "thank you" or "I apologize/I'm sorry" after we repeated our room number thrice. The drinking glasses had a lot of dust in it, probably because these were placed right beside the air vent of the juice machine. There wasn't anything special about breakfast. Upon checkout, were weren't told that we've already been cleared, so we sat there waiting for their go signal. After about 15 minutes, my companion asked if clearing us will take a longer time. That's when they told us that we can already leave. Oh, the WiFi had issues too. We kept calling the front desk and they kept saying that the router's being reset and would work in 20 minutes - but actually worked after 3 hours.
The experience wasn't horrendous, though I wouldn't consider going back there again. If you've had a good One Tagaytay Place experience, good for you. I and my companion didn't.

I've blogged about this in my website: http://www.theintrovertdj.com/apps/blog/one-tagaytay-place-could-be-better

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nina D

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Makati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I had a business trip in tagaytay a couple of days ago and upon research on price and quality of room, i decided to book a twin sharing room at One Tagaytay Place. The place is good, and also the food, but the one thing that pissed me off are the hotel personnel, they are so arrogant, specially the personnel in the front desk, if i'm not mistaken her name is "ARVY" i'm just asking a simple question, but she didnt no what to answer me, then make face with me then she turn back at me and leave me in the front desk.. another one is when i call the front desk for a room service, "arvy" answer the phone, and pretend that she is not hearing anything and hang up on me, TWICE. I hope this will not happen to other people, because one tagaytay hotel is a nice hotel, but unfortunately personnel are so ARROGANT!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Suzaine R
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
dear "suzaine r"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first and foremost thank you so much for having recently been our guest. also, in behalf of the management team and owners i would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while here with us. at the time of this writing the person you referred to in your post is no longer with us. rest assured that the front office team is very much aware of this incident and that the team will see to it that this will not happen again to you or anyone else. our assistant front office maager and her team have refreshed on basic customer courtesy. please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit.

yours in service,
ruben alcoriza
gm@onetagaytayplace.com
San Fernando, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I wasn't impress with this hotel, lack of coordination among hotel staff, no first aid kit, even basic electrical gadgets are not available..

Bills are not explain properly, front desk does not give OR for the hotel billings, or maybe they don't know how to explain how bills were incur, I suggest they put at least room attendants/room service station for every floors, reaction time when asking for room service is so slow..

Appear to be clean, so far not so good...

ECopP

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rick c
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
dear "rick c",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first and foremost thank you for recently being our guests. more importantly for sharing with us and the followers on tripadvisor .com . we very much value our guest comments as it serves as a stepping stone to getting better. and before anything else, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the front desk caused you. the issues have been discussed with our front office management team and you can be assured of better service not just on your next visit but for all other guests patronizing our hotel. in the future please do not hesitate to contact our reservation office directly at reservations@onetagaytayplace.com.

yours in service,
karl velhagen
gm@onetagaytayplace.com
Muntinlupa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Metro Manila's pollution index soars to stratospheric levels when its populace lit up firecrackers to welcome the New Year! While colorful and dazzling, the allergies and respiratory illnesses New Year's revelry spawns drives us to friendlier climes. What better day than to drive up to Tagaytay and not be caught up in the igloo of smog the morning after! Agoda's weekly invitations to try out the discounted rates of hotels got the better of us and ensnared my wife and I to book one bedroom suite at One Tagaytay. Booking online was a breeze: in a huff $180.50 was swiped off my Master Card! When we checked in, I discovered that such rate was not discounted at all. It was the rack rate! To compound it, we never got to enjoy the Philippine Senior Citizen's 20% Discount and 12% VAT-free privilege. So for all Philippine Senior Citizen Cardholders, be warned: online bookings do not give discounts!!!

My wife and I checked into a very small but clean room. It reminded us of Japanese hotels in their puniness. The presence of a loveseat qualified the room to be classified as a suite. One step inwards and we reached the bathroom. Another step brought us into the bedroom with a queen sized bed. The beddings and pillows were very clean and fluffy.

The curtains in the "living" area that opens to the terrace are dusty and not easy to draw. They should be cleaned regularly.

Both the living area and bedroom have one flat TV each with cable connections.

The biggest disappointment is the internet connection. It took us half-a-dozen calls and follow ups with Front Desk to get us connected everytime we use the net.

The breakfast buffet was so so. While Tagaytay is best known for its pineapples, papayas and bananas, what was available that New Year's Day morn was not the best. A cup of hot chocolate, as an alternative to coffee, tasted like a plain 3-in1! The egg station was located at the opposite side of the hall, away from the buffet.

Checking out and cleaning up our things, we could not locate laundry bags. Looking for a bell boy to bring out our things took a while, we had to bring out our luggages ourselves.

Overall, we will still return to One Tagaytay but not at USD180.50!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple