All reviews the penthouse azalea restaurant convenience store picnic grove buffet breakfast swimming pool internet connection living room lcd tv sized bed atms gm seminar sofa taal calamba massage
Reviewed April 13, 2016

This is a small hotel with roof top pool. The rooms are a good size with a bed, couch (sofa), a dinning table,kettle and fridge. The rooms come with two complimentary bottles of water. I had the American breakfast the first day which was not to a good standard as it was dry. The second morning I had the local breakfast which was better so I guess local is best. I had dinner on my first night there both appetizers and main were served at the same time, I would not recommend you eat there as the food was dry. The Leche Flan was delicious and was the only saving grace of the meal.

Tip - if you are going to the Taal volcano from this hotel you will be charged 4000 PHP for a private car or 500 PHP for the taxi (motorbike with a side car). The price for the taxi should in fact be 400 PHP as we later found out but it was too late by then

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
One Tagaytay Pl... O, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.

We will inform our kitchen team regarding your food experience, we guarantee you it will be addressed immediately and we will correct what is needed.

We hope to have you with us again in the near future, we encourage you to check our website for regular updates.

Have a blessed weekend ahead, we thank you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

Thank God for friends with hotel memberships! We got a grand 3-BR suite at One Tagaytay, which is perfect for two kids, one maid, and 7 adults!

Location - direction going to Highlands, where we are headed for a wedding. 7-11 downstairs with parking provisions.

Parking - basement parking is quite steep and narrow. Beware SUV's!

Pool - outdoor and small. Good enough for kids even with the chilly winds. Not sure why the parents allow their children to play there despite the cold Feb winds.

Amenities - kitchenette, maids quarters with TB, common TB, two rooms with twin beds, master's with a king-sized bed and a humongous walk-in closet - cum - TB with an altar that is the bathtub.

Service - staff is courteous and friendly.

Wifi is strong.

Old Philips speakers are still impressive. Balcony provides a nice overview of the town and part of the lake.

Breakfast buffet just needs more variety and excitement. I'd rather eat elsewhere but it can still serve as a good starter.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
One Tagaytay Pl... O, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2016

Dear Suite Stopover,

Every Guest is a Valued Guest, and we are very much delighted to hear from you and in choosing to stay with us. We hope that your experienced exceptional service as intended by our management and staff.

We sincerely appreciate your business and we are looking forward to having you once again at the Hotel.

Please have a moment to check our website for current promotions should you decide to spend another memorable experience to us.

Blessed Sunday!

Reviewed March 25, 2016

My family and my sister with her family stayed there last Feb. 6, 2016. We got their package promo, including massage, actaully it was not our first time at One Tagaytay if i'm not mistaken our 5th. As usual we stay inside our rooms to relax and we only went during breakfast the following morning. When we checked out one Feb. 7, usual hotel policy, we spend 3o to 45 minutes to check our rooms if its CLEAR. Guest what did the housekeeping or anyone who clear our room? THEY DID NOT REPORT TO THE MANAGEMENT OUR 2 GADGETS LEFT. We only noticed it a day after we check out, when we get our things inside our bags and we are already in Manila, we immediately call them also my sister went back there to report it personaly in my behalf coz my sister so happen that they were still at Tagaytay proper, they let my sister view their cctv only to find out that all of the floors, the 4th floor where we stayed was SIRA DAW? The manager never entertained us, our case forward to the security management alone. And when we complain about the CCTV they told us that they already kick off the staff who showed us the CCTV. According to them that person was not responsible for the CCTV. The management never gave us the chance to explain the incidence. Everytime we attemp to contact the manager, THEY ALWAYS REPLIED US THAT THE CASE IS IN RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SECURITY DEPT? WE were so disappointed I never realized that the Hotel we trusted for many years gave us this kind of poor accomodation. Do you know that the day after we went there personaly hoping that the manager can help us to resolve my case? My FB account deactivate. The bad staff who stole my 2 Samsung IPAD started use my gadgets beleiving that we will not go back there after the very very bad accomodations that the manager gave us.......... My message to them: GOD KNOWS WHO IS IN GOOD FAITH. BE AFRAID OF WHAT YOU HAVE YOU DONE..

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Vilma A
One Tagaytay Pl... O, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your thoughts.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the anxiety, frustration and inconvenience we might have caused during your recent stay with us. This is the first incident regarding missing two electronic items as claimed. We have thoroughly conducted an investigation to a negative result on our end thus we requested the kind assistance of our local police, February 9 to be exact and we made a blotter report for the alleged lost items of your claims. Another follow up report on February 28, 2016 was made by our local police and security department with your presence and viewing of the CCTV was also provided bearing same results.

We are committed to you, our valued customer, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence with us. We look forward to personally hear from you.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

This is a quaint boutique hotel . Availed of the travel expo voucher last year and it was only last month that I got to utilize it. Location not central, but there is a 24 hr convenience store just outside the complex. Don't expect views of Taal volcano, since it is on the other side of the highway. The rooms are quite small , but somehow functional. The bathroom and toilet is cramped, but the positive thing is the bidet availability. Lobby is small , and there is a coffee shop beside it. Wireless internet is erratic, but it was quite fast. Staff service is good , but i would like to give special mention of the security personnel and the bell staff on duty who made me feel welcome. The breakfast is on the other building, and they serve a 'controlled' buffet style. Choices are very much limited, so if possible, avoid having breakfast in their hotel and have brunch elsewhere. Bear in mind , you are in Tagaytay. There is a note in my room reminding of complimentary items but I didn't find it , so it was only in my check out query that the supervisor told me that I had to call when I want those items.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
One Tagaytay Pl... O, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Dear valued guest,

Warm smiles and friendly service is our everyday policy. We thank you sincerely for the good reviews.

Whatever your needs are we can accommodate, well inspire everything to make your travel a success. Please explore our web site and get the most suitable offerings for you and your family.

We hope you will be pleased with our standard service and hospitality.

Be blessed,

Reviewed March 11, 2016

Tagaytay City is about cool air without the distance of Baguio and that dormant volcano that looks like a nipple in comparison to the lake. Long story short no Taal Volcano from One Tagaytay Hotel, at least none that I can see.

I’ve stayed in this hotel for the three times now, two of those times in February 2016 alone.

The hotel is a two building complex: rooms are housed at the taller building at the back and the seminar or function halls are situated at the smaller building facing the road. I’ve tried walking out into the road, never more than a block but most likely less and all I can get was a sense of flatness. Compare that to the city famous rotunda you can feel from the angle of the earth and buildings what direction goes deeper in Tagaytay and what would be in the sense the direction of the lowlands of Cavite.

One Tagaytay has a swimming pool on the top floor but considering the cool air I never tried it so I cannot give user comments. The view from this height is facing the back of the hotel which is a private village. While I never really looked I doubt there is an angle of the volcano otherwise the pool would be facing there and you would see it the hotel’s albums on tripadvisor.

Room size is ok. The first time I stayed was over six years ago also on official business. I had a higher floor which by design has a kind of living space separated from the beds at the back. In that visit I was sharing with two other colleagues and they went for the beds at the back while I was situated by the door. I went to another room to give work to my boss and he had a sofa where my bed would have been. But that was six years ago so we have to account for possible layout changes the hotel may have implemented. You can always ask who knows maybe the rooms on the higher floor are to your liking; views will certainly be better.

For the two times I stayed in February I was situated at the 3rd and then the 4th floor; one is at the front side of the building and the other was at the back.

If views are important then it needs be said try another hotel but if you want this one go to the rooms at the back of the building and go high. When I had the 3rd floor room all I could see was the seminar building at the front. When I stayed at the 4th floor it was situated at back of the building.

In both rooms there is a patio where you can walk out and smell the air though on the 3rd floor what would be the point. I go out my patio and I see only the seminar building in front of me.

Sleep quality was great. It did take me a while to figure out the air conditioning remote. And while it was never a bother since I slept so soundly I fell that the bed is short, that or its edges were just too hard. Without going too technical on the inches my height of almost 6 feet fits in the bed like I do in my bed at home but I guess it’s more of the wiggle room. I over shoot my bed at home but here it’s like waking up and saying to myself: something’s short.

Its always a plus personal and seminar wise to have convenient access to the internet and I can say that of the hotel.

My office has tried nearly all the rooms of that seminar building including the largest one connected by bridge from the 3rd floor. I have no big issues on the seminar/function areas. Good equipment, projector, audio. In our second round of this year audio was working too great in the other room as we seem to have shared a thin wall or they are just that loud. I asked for a long VGA connector and they provided it promptly.

One Tagaytay. It may not be the best personal choice to go to especially if you want the volcano but as a venue it’s worth the look.

Room Tip: aim for rooms at the back of the building
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank igmegalingan

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your comments!

Our entire staff and management truly cares about all your travel needs and in making your stay comfortable.

We guarantee you we are doing some upgrade and training to better ourselves. We thank you for choosing our hotel overtime you visit the area. Please explore our website and get the most suitable offer for your next visit.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.