“What a pasta!”

Cuisines: European, Philippine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2018

On my way home to Calatagan, we passed by BOB at Twin Lakes. As usual, I ordered my favorite fettuccine seafood pasta. The taste remains the same. To my disappointment however, their pasta tasted a little hard and starchy. When I told the waiter, he went to the cook and when he came back, he said that the chef told him that they cook their pasta al dente and that, I should have requested that the pasta be soft. I just did not insist but I eat and cook a lot of pasta and i know very well that al dente is different from half cooked. When the pasta tastes starchy, it is not al dente. BOB should know. So disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Nice place for a breakfast buffet with a very good selection of local food. Their DANGGIT is good, they have tapa and their egg station rocks! Cheers!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I chose this place as the last stop to our trip to Tagaytay, so we could rest and enjoy good food. And I must say that the place didn't disappoint. It has a good view of what you came to see in Tagaytay. I recommend this place if you want to wrap up your trip and just enjoy the scenery with good food before heading back home.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

First time to visit Charitos by Bag of Beans. Nice place and view! They have DSA (designated smoking area) and parking.

They have a nice blue and purple room if I may call it.

This is the first resto that I saw that caters breastfeeding area (it’s near the blue and purple room). That’s a plus for breast feeding mothers!

We went here for coffee since we already ate dinner. Bought oatmeal raisin and banana chips. I had second thoughts with krinkles. They feel soft though. While we waited for our coffee, I opened my oatmeal raisin cookies bag and shared to the others. I was disappointed with the consistency :( it’s too “floury” and I can’t taste a hint of oatmeal (unless it’s oatmeal flour raisin cookie, then that explains it). I said to myself, good thing I didn’t buy the krinkles. I would compare their raisin cookie to a sugar cookie. Nothing spectacular.

The cafe mocha was ok, kinda sweet though.

I haven’t tried their dishes. My friends said their dishes are good! Some of the prices are quite pricey compared to some well known and “tried and tested” resto in the Metro.

I’m having second thoughts with their dishes due to the cookie experience.

Their cookies, no no for me.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Loved the food here and great customer service! The pasta dishes are delicious! And a very cozy atmospheres!

Date of visit: December 2017