Lowest prices for your stay
US$104
Hotels.comUS$104
Trip.comUS$89
eDreamsUS$129
1,469 results
All reviews lake wing breakfast buffet nice view view deck tagaytay city deluxe room an overnight stay volcano taza taal ranch sky philippines lakeview fog champorado bidet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2021

My partner and I had a wonderful experience at the TAAL VISTA HOTEL. Every staff member I encountered, from the security guards to the check- in to the cleaning staff and restaurant staff were delightful and eager to help! Special mention to the Front Desk Manager ( I forgot his name), Duty Manager, Ms. AILEEN as well as to the Hotel General Manager, Mr. RAMON MAKILAN was hands-on in making sure that the guests are having a comfortable stay.

The staff at this property were all great ! They all went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

This is the perfect hotel for a weekend getaway in Tagaytay. I have stayed at dozen of hotels in Tagaytay and this was on the top of the list of best stays/experiences ever.

I found the hotel to be clean, spotless, inviting and downright classic ! It has retained its old charm despite being fully renovated.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was spacious and clean. The rooms had the comfort items that made us feel at home. The floor to ceiling windows give you the most fantastic unobstructed view of Taal Volcano! Their breakfast buffet was also delicious especially the authentic hot tablea chocolate drink.

Overall, the hotel was wonderful. It was even better than expected. The price was amazing compared to other hotels in the area for the comfort and amenities that you get. There were also great restaurants within walking distance. Great location.

Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ramon Makilan, Owner at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

Dear leacruz2324,

It is with pleasure to read your comments and indeed great to know you have enjoyed your stay at Taal Vista Hotel! We are thankful for your appreciation towards our property, especially the service, amenities, facilities and the location.

In addition, we are all very thrilled to see your positive ratings. It only confirms that you have enjoyed your overall experience that will certainly encourage other readers to stay with us.

Once again, thank you for the review and we would be more than happy to welcome you back home soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2021 via mobile

Pros

1. Ease of booking 5/5
2. free parking 5/5
3. very consistent on use and implementation of face mask and face shield even in the buffet area. 5/5
4. Room temperature is comfortable. Aircon is working well. 4/5
5. Salad was fresh in the buffet breakfast. The packaging in bottles is a great idea. Its clean, safe and fresh. 5/5
6. Staff in the buffet area were polite and courteous in implementing the face shield and face mask.5/5
7. Housekeeping staff were very courteous and responsive when requesting for what us lacking. 5/5

Cons

1. Check in 2/5 took me 20 mins
2. Toilet bowl is dirty with black stains 1/5
3. we paid for 3 people - towel set is only for 2 pax. Shampoo and conditioner for one. No bath gel or bath soap provided. 2/5
4. Food buffet breakfast 2/5 bacon was cold.
5. A lot of red ants bit me outside going to viewdeck 0/5
6. Did not feel welcomed any warm greeting from staff from the guard to the check in upto the buffet area. No welcome drinks or anything that would make you come back. 1/5
7. Buffet breakfast is not worth the price. All of the food served were cold except for coffee, hot choco and omellette. 2/5
8. Vinagrette for fresh salad was sweet. 1/5

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2021 via mobile

Our first staycation since the quarantine started so we’re happy that the booking process and requirements of Taal Vista are easy and straight forward. They’re strict with the 2 persons per room which wasn’t a problem since it was just me and my husband.

The first room we got was their basic room which costs Php 6500.00 but we opted to pay Php 1500.00 more to get a room with a veranda and view.

Their elevators now have touch-less buttons – you just put your finger in front of the floor you want to access. That was cool, especially with the pandemic going on. The rooms had a sticker/seal with “Sanitized for your protection”. Though I suggest that Housekeeping really use the stickers – remove the back paper and really stick it to the door so that guests won’t doubt the “sanitizing process”. Both the 2 rooms we entered didn’t have the sticker fully sticking to the door. It doesn’t tear when you open the door, it’s like the other half was just resting on the door. Probably it’s to save stickers but I think the small cost of stickers for guests’ trust and peace of mind will be worth it.

The toilet also had the sanitized label, the rooms have sanitation kits for the guests with a small alcohol spray, face mask and wipes. They also provide a yellow garbage bag for used PPEs.

The standard room was ok, but since we rarely go out during quarantine, we opted to splurge a little more for a bigger room with veranda.

First room (standard room) – the couch had visible stains, we saw strands of hair left on the floor, a leak stain on the ceiling and a few screws were left in the closet drawer, under the safe. Saw these while waiting for the bellman to assist us to our next room.

Second room (one with veranda) – brighter than the first room! The Php 1500.00 we paid for the upgrade was worth is. We had a beautiful view of the Taal, it had a full glass window, 2 big beds and the upgrade came with complimentary drinks from the mini bar – 2 sodas and 2 juices. I highly recommend this room.

We had dinner in their resto since our rate came with a Php 1500.00 meal voucher. Food was great. Breakfast was nice too, they have managed buffet for breakfast.

You have to book pool use in advance and we were lucky that we had the pool to ourselves when we used it at 8:00am.

As usual, kudos to the front desk personnel as well as the resto staff. They are always pleasant, frienly and helpful during all our stays in Taal Vista. There was just this one lady in the resto, I guess maybe she was in charge because her name plate had a designation under the name (I just was not able to read it). We had to wait for probably 5 minutes for someone to get our details during breakfast because there was no one hear the “entrance”. What was off is that this lady was with another lady (staff), and they were talking, checking the buffet. She already saw us waiting but ignored is. I too work in the hospitality / service industry and automatically, whoever it is we are talking too (who is also a staff), we excuse ourself for a while when we see a guest. If we cannot do so, we call the attention of someone who can assist. We do not ignore. Funny that you get snubbed by a senior staff while the rest of the staff are accommodating.

Overall, a pleasant stay, as usual. 4 stars just because of the unexpected snubbing during breakfast.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed December 24, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
We were enjoying our stay, until the last night when we decided to have dinner at Taza restaurant our Taal Vista. I called one day advance to check if they were open the next day, confirmed by the concierge. I asked if needed to have reservations, also said no need. Expectations were set. The following night, arriving at Taza, seeing the doors close and no lights was a HUGE Disappointment. Went to Veranda, asked the staff if Taza was close, yes it is. Veranda was full and I didn't feel like we were being attended properly after being informed that Taza is close.
Asking another staff if Taza menu can be served at Veranda, that was the only time they checked the possibility. Dinned at Veranda finally ordered the limited menu from Taza. The Hanger Steak had a burned charcoal taste, not smoked taste like most stake. Caesar salad and mushroom spinach matagliati was good.
The sad thing about this experience is that the hotel did not made announcement to hotel guests that Taza will be closed, no signboards near or going to Taza.
Classic burger of Veranda was too dry.

The hotel and staff generally followed the health protocols for the most part, but on some occasions couldn't because of unruly guests.

Booked our stay thru their website promo. Received two packages of succulent plants. Very timely. Room also came with sanitizer products and face masks, which is a plus for me.

Breakfast buffet were limited due to health protocols, but was satisfying enough.
Kudos to Felipe and Paulo, the staffs from our breakfast at Lake wing. Their smiles and positive vibe uplifted our day.

Overall our stay was enjoyable for the most part of it.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank Alex_de_Guzman
Ramon Makilan, Owner at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2020

Dear Mr. De Guzman,
Thank you for sharing your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
Meanwhile, we are pleased to know that you appreciated our efforts to adapt to the new normal standards. We can assure you that the health and safety of our guests and our colleagues have always been of paramount importance to us and our facilities and guestrooms are thoroughly disinfected and sanitized before each guest occupancy using clinical grade disinfectant and UV sterilizing equipment.
It was definitely our pleasure to be of service and we hope to welcome you back at the hotel very soon!
Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2020 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked an overnight stay at Taal Vista Hotel this weekends. Oct 17-18.

I have requested a special compli cake for my boyfriend as we are celebrating our advanced monthsary in Tagaytay.

My request was answered by Ralph. However, some points for improvement in terms of Service:

1. Since I have requested a special arrangement I would appreciate that it was not “vaguely” mentioned by the front office personnel who conducted our check in. It should have been the personnel could just have greeted us then warmly welcomed us during our stay.
FO should explain additional infos like wifi password or hotel should include that on paper or inside the room.
FO should explain what time breakfast is and where (i think this is important)

2. The check in was fast and kudos as our room got ready early and thus early check in was granted.

3. Luggage assistance? I assume since its pandemic the hotel might be minimizing interaction with hotel staff to guests but I find it difficult to carry our things. Kudos to kuya guard he has the initiative to help us tho.

4. The breakfast buffet- Kudos to every staff in the Veranda? restaurant everyone was really helpful and they serve fast. Despite that a lot of people are dining in and requesting they managed to service everyone given that its pretty hard to
move around with face masks and shields.
Special mentioned to the lady supervisor and the chefs at the egg station. Good initiative of the hotel about the Paper envelope container of utensils and for face mask.

just some points on food: No champorado on sight and taho as well. Bacon’s a little bit hard. Tocino was perfect! a bit tasty! More choices please! :)

5.Room- Everything was clean however, room has some metallic stains on bathroom. shower was really good -both hot and cold is working.
Foot steps heard on top inside our room. probably thin ceiling material. Love the sanitizing kit!

special mentioned to Sir housekeeping who managed to deliver our request for extra toiletries and laundry bag. He also managed to answer my question about the breakfast and resto as no one has been answering the phone during the night not sure about their schedule.

Overall we did have an “okay” stay. The price of the room is quite high but the breakfast buffet and comfort of the room makes up
for it. Staff should promote the promo which is more less expensive than the original rate for the deluxe room.

Improvent would be on the warmth of service or the hospitality. I didn’t get to feel it tho.

Hopefully we can come back next time and hope to see the improvements!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank cydlcz
Ramon Makilan, Owner at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2020

Dear Cydlcz,
Thank you for sharing your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.
We are honored that you have chosen to stay with us on such special occasion. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I can take corrective action. Rest assured, this will be reviewed with the entire team to ensure that it does not happen again.
Meanwhile, we are delighted to know that you liked our breakfast and you had a comfortable stay in the room. Also, we are pleased to know that you appreciated our efforts to adapt to the new normal standards. We can assure you that the health and safety of our guests and our colleagues have always been of paramount importance to us and our facilities and guestrooms are thoroughly disinfected and sanitized before each guest occupancy using clinical grade disinfectant and UV sterilizing equipment.
Best regards,