“Second visit ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Not as good as the first time ,, The calamari appetizer was very very tough and taste as if it was cooked in old oil,, it was about 8pm on a Thursday night,, not many customers,, the service was slow and the food was almost cold when it finally came ,, i hope its better next time ,, if not it will be my last time ,, to bad because has nice atmosphere,,

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

We were in a rush to have dinner in Cagayan de Oro because of our guest's flight back to Manila when we visited Seablings Seafoods Restaurant. We were initially hesitant to eat there because they only have a couple as guests but because the nearby Panagatan was full, we were left with no choice.

We ordered seafood dishes, including seafood hototay soup, ginataang prawns, adobong bagaybay, sweet and sour lapu-lapu, calamares and seafood pinakbet. It took them around 15 minutes to serve the dishes and when I took my first try of each dish, I was pleasantly surprised on how good they were. It actually made me wonder why they only have a few guests considering that their foods were actually good.

My favorite was the seafood pinakbet because it was well seasoned and the seafoods and vegetables tasted fresh. It was so good that even my friend who doesn't eat vegetables liked it. I also liked the sweet and sour lapu-lapu because it has a good balance of sweetness and sourness, and the fish was perfectly fried. The hototay was also satisfying because the seafoods which include fish, shrimps, and squid were fresh, and the vegetables were crisp.

The other dishes were good but may still be improved. I am a fan of ginataan but was not so impressed with the ginataang prawns. It lacked flavor for me and I find the prawns overcooked. I find their adobong bagaybay too salty while the calamares was too hard for me because of the coating.

With the quality of the food that they serve, I believe they should have more guests. Seablings need major improvement on their marketing in order to attract more customers.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed March 9, 2015

The crabs were small and the grilled fish was overcooked. There were very few patrons but it still took a while for the food to be served to us.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Urduja1121
Reviewed November 8, 2014

the location was beside the sea. fresh air and away from the city. staff are accommodating and attentive to costumers needs. I like the hito, its a cat fish deep friend. the fish meat was so tender and so nice to eat. you dipped it with soya sauce mixed with lemon and spicy chili. try also the sinuglaw it is mixed with grilled pork and raw fish meat and it is mixed with some ginger and native coconut vinegar. service was good and the ambiance was relaxing.

Date of visit: November 2014
4  Thank limcontravel
Reviewed October 5, 2014

Food was good, service was slow...price is average, a bit pricey for the crabs given that they were small and it's a beachside restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2014