“Pleasant seafood restaurant”

Redtail Shrimps & More
Reviewed April 25, 2018

I have been a number of times to this pleasant seafood restaurant. The crab, the other shellfish and the fish are delicious. The room is pleasant and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Food served here is so good especially the shrimps. You have the option to eat with bare hands or use disposable gloves.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Went upon the recommendation of friends. Taste was ok but the shrimp size was underwhelming. I’m not a fan of really big ones coz they seem to be less flavourful, but these were small.
Interiors were ok and staff seemed trained.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

We went here since it was recommended in Tripadvisory. We were very hungry and we needed a little treat after a long day yesterday. But sadly we were disappointed. We ordered the fisherman's catch to our disappointment. It was NOT fresh. We are from Manila, we thought a famous seafood restaurant in the province would be better but it turned out food at Macapagal's Dampa was waaaayy better. The mussels were not cleaned properly. The crab was small and thin, the shrimp you can take but hello it was NOT fresh hence there is that itchiness in your tongue. We ate on paper and was encouraged to use our hands. This is supposed to be thrilling as we had seafood experience in Manila, Davao and abroad and we looked forward to a sumptuous meal but the meal was disappointing SUPER. It wad drenched in this very oily Redtail sauce that we thought was nice and the food tasted bad.
So we ordered tuna and pork bbq. We thought maybe they will not go wrong with this but again the tuna belly was not fresh. I do not understand the flavor of the tuna. My niece who doesn't know how to cook can come up with something better. I mean c'mon it was too salty, it was not fresh then your condiments is simple toyo to make it even saltier??? Oh the pork bbq was supposed to be a savior but that tasted like I was eating a high school food experiment. You do not know how it taste but delicious is NOT an adjective you will use. Then the bill came and we paid over a thousand buck for this grueling experience. Then the staff turned off the aircon while we were still there. I was looking at them but no they were oblivious. So i just shut my mouth and did not want to ruin my afternoon but they just won't stop. I went to the comfort room to a a smelly uncleaned stinking room and coming to the door is a closet with again this staff who is oblivious of you giving you a hard time to get in the door. Afterwards you wash your hands right? To discover another nightmare that the faucet is busted. And that friends is how to ruin your day in CDO!

I don't know where all of these good reviews are coming from but people that was bad. That was VERY VERY bad food it was traumatizing! I am not going back there ever!

6  Thank John L
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

When you search here in trip advisor a place where to eat in CDO redtail is always on the top of the list... We tried to have a diner here it and the place is always crowded you will wait abot 10 -15 mins to be accomodate...
Thier food is good but not soo speacial....
But thiers shakes were must try...