Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$30
Expedia.comUS$30
Hotels.comUS$30
eDreamsUS$30
Orbitz.comUS$30
TravelocityUS$30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2018

I recently went to Barahona and the hotel I had originally booked canceled on me at the last minute. Hotel Loro Tuerto had been on my list so I drove there and Im very glad I did. They quickly got me 2 rooms for the night, had some ice cold beers at their bar and had a very pleasant chat with the attendant. The room was simple but comfortable and I slept very well, usually I have a hard time sleeping in hotels. Im actually looking forward to going back there within the next few months and will stay there the whole time.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2017

After a bus ride from CaribeTours from Santa Domingo (a polar experience, and the driver refused to turn down the AC), it was a delight to walk a couple of blocks down a moto-frenzied main street and find the Loro Tuerco. It's a wee place, clean, comfy, and amazingly quiet in the rooms, tucked in the back. The rooms are very basic - ours was two beds and little else - but clean, with functional bath, a/c, and wi-fi. There's a nice courtyard if you want to hang outside, but mostly it's a little refuge in a typically noisy DR town. Easy walk to anything you need. Front desk was totally helpful, and you can enjoy a beer or coke at the bar.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We chose this hotel as we were looking for a place in Barahona to spend few days. I must say the town itself has almost nothing to offer...not a tourist place at all. Only few hotels 2-3 star, some decent restaurant, no 1 rent a car in the area. Loro Tuerto was close to the bus station so had the best location. Hotel itself was ok. 9 rooms in total, We were the only ones in the upstairs floor so pretty quiet. Thanks to Johnny for being very accommodating and informative. If you're in the area and without a car the only place that deserve an "adventure" on the public bus is San Rafael beach and river...great place to spend a day out. Fresh fish and seafood very cheap. We got 3 lobsters for no more than 30 usd.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Friendly staff.. quaint, has a haitian , dominican,african feel to the decor.clean and sufficient..close to bus depot
And water front.............not any shops for souvenirs in the neighborhood
But not far from the malecon.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2016

I stayed 4 nights in Dec 2015, I had a small room the a/c, it was a window type and was huge for the room, so it cooled the room off quickly. I had a nice, comfortable and quite stay, I think the hotel has 9 rooms with 2 floors, I stayed on the 1st floor. All the employees were very friendly and helpful, Patrick and Johnny were especially helpful. The hotel has 24 hour security, decent linens, cable tv, ok wi-fi, I paid $35/night plus tax. Good location, as its in the business district of Barahona, with stores and restaurants close by. The hotel is 1 block from Caribe Tours bus station. There is a community kitchen that has a 4 burner stove and oven and of course a large frig. If they make you coffee it cost 50 p and it was delicious. No charge for guests, but must be discrete and quite. One suggestion to the hotel: the bath room window did not have a screen, so there were a few mosquitos. Perhaps you can add a screen.

Date of stay: December 2015