Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2017

It was great, we spend New years as real Dominicans. The staff is amazing, food especially break fast is so fresh and local, excellent staff or not only staff but new friends in Barahona, and room decor is beautiful romantic different textures. You may hear some noise from near by bar and the local enjoying themselves in the plaza that it's just across the hotel but it ends in some point of the night. In the morning kids play in the plaza and my 2 year old boy had a great time. Bahia de las Aguilas the most incredible beach I have ever been to. Incredible trip.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Diana L
Reviewed March 11, 2017

I had an amazing time at this place. Everything is so pretty. Our room was ocean view. Rooms are big and very clean. Service was outstanding of the owner Manuel and Wilson. They treat us like they've known us before. Breakfast was served daily and it was delicious. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!! :)

Room tip: best views
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Mostly, our issue with this hotel was noise. It is located right around the corner from a bar that plays music until late at night - midnight or two in the morning. As a result, the windows are sealed with plexiglass, which makes the room hot, and really uninviting. The second issue is electricity. The government does not provide power 24 hours a day to this part of the country, and when the electrical grid switched off, and the generator switched on, the fan noise (and the fan was necessitated by the sealed windows) was really loud. And, a third deal-breaker for us was the lack of a warm shower.

In term of potential, though, this hotel is almost there. It is a lovely property just steps from the beach, and the investments that the owners have made so far are really nice. However, as you can see from the photos, if you look closely, it is not fully-finished. The rooms are large, and the existing furniture is nice, but the finishes aren't there - as in, there are no plates on the electrical outlets; the only chair in the room was a patio chair, the towels were really scratchy. For us, this hotel just did not feel like we were on vacation. For $10 more a night, we moved to a beach-front resort down the road.

That said, the staff was really accommodating. When we asked to change our reservation, they allowed us to cancel. And, when we arrived later at night than expected, they stayed up to meet us.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philippe G, Propietario at Hotel Piratas Del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Andrea,
We know that your intention is to hurt us with your comment because You tried to leave without paying the hotel and you were hunted for the security of the hotel at the door. So you do not deserve any response or justification on our part.
Be honest and tell the truth

Reviewed February 14, 2016

I had an amazing time at the Hotel Piratas del Caribe. This is one of the better hotels on the drive between the capital and bahias de las aguilas. The staff and owner will make you feel welcome and make sure all your needs are met. The day I got there (my 40th bday and solo) the owner was waiting for me, gave me a drink, and told me stories of his journeys around the world. Made me feel as close to home as I could feel. All while listening to the ocean waves in the background. The accommodations are among the best in the region. There is TV in every room (although why would you need TV), hot water, and for most of the night there was air conditioning. Don't know why people say it was hot...temperature was fine the whole night.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dfmirand
Reviewed August 29, 2015

Great stopping off point for a day trip to Eagles Bay. Rooms are large and very clean. Staff and service were great. Food was just ok, we had a better dinner in the restaurant just next store. My only complaint was the lack of air conditioning, rooms have ceiling fans and airy windows but even so we were hot and sweating all night. Owner blamed this on a community power outage, but you would think there would have been some back up generator capability. Rooms are advertised and priced with air condtioning. In the end the owner discounted the bill.

Date of stay: August 2015