All reviews hot water pool area common areas are beautiful hotel larimar cleanliness sunrise
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

I I reviewed this hotel last year after having spent a number of visits there over the past ten years. I was there again last week and I must say that the accommodations were as good or better as they have been in the past. The food buffet was fantastic, as usual. The bar by the pool had new staff this year but they were very good. In previous years they have run out of El Presidente, this year they remained well-stocked.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Ended up here because the other hotel I had booked was only available for two days. So on my 3rd day I came here. I have to say I was dreading it as I stayed here in 2011 and my stay was less than pleasant. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by all the changes and improvements that have taken place since then. The room was very nice with a balcony with a view of the pool. The A/C and hot water worked great unlike my previous stay and the breakfast was good. I will definitely consider coming back

Room tip: Don't get a room facing the pool if you're looking for quiet
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2017

First things first, this hotel is conveniently located IN the city. That's a major plus as all the other big hotels are out of town.

Customer service is decent but they do have a very good pool and private beach.

The rooms are clean and the AC is a plus.
Overall I'd say is the best hotel inside the city.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2016

The hotel itself is nothing special. Regular rooms, fully ceramic floor. The hotel is next to the beach, however, it is filled with mosquitos so you cannot go out to even see the water. Its a good spot for a quick rest if traveling around the DR and the food is amazing for a local hotel. Each room also has a balcony which is nice to see the morning sunrise.

Room tip: All rooms seem to be the same no good or bad choice
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2016

Heading back from a visit to Laguna de Oviedo we stopped at this hotel in Barahona. Nice setting, nothing extraordinary. Clean and well organize. Service was good, a little slow, and the food was good.

Date of stay: August 2016