All reviews hot water pool area common areas are beautiful hotel larimar cleanliness sunrise
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Just go to another hotel... don't you ever dare to come to this "hotel". Although some of the employees are nice, the rooms are creepy AF, the AC light does not go off, the hot water comes and goes, no towels or hangers in the bathroom, TV didn't work, mosquitos sucking all your blood, door electronic key didn't work, ...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rafaeltomas
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is really bad. This is the reason they charge you in advance, because when you see your room you want to go away! Rooms are not clean, mosquitoes everywhere, and for my bad luck I didn't even had hot water in my room. Food at the restaurant is just OK but service in general is very bad. The first night I had dinner there after not having eaten during the whole day, I had a waiter (Haiti origin) who was disrespectful and rude. The second night was a little better, with a big local guy. If you have a flexible budget, don't stay here. However, the problem is that better hotels are like 45 minutes far.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Gerardo C
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

I I reviewed this hotel last year after having spent a number of visits there over the past ten years. I was there again last week and I must say that the accommodations were as good or better as they have been in the past. The food buffet was fantastic, as usual. The bar by the pool had new staff this year but they were very good. In previous years they have run out of El Presidente, this year they remained well-stocked.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Ended up here because the other hotel I had booked was only available for two days. So on my 3rd day I came here. I have to say I was dreading it as I stayed here in 2011 and my stay was less than pleasant. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by all the changes and improvements that have taken place since then. The room was very nice with a balcony with a view of the pool. The A/C and hot water worked great unlike my previous stay and the breakfast was good. I will definitely consider coming back

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the pool if you're looking for quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2017

First things first, this hotel is conveniently located IN the city. That's a major plus as all the other big hotels are out of town.

Customer service is decent but they do have a very good pool and private beach.

The rooms are clean and the AC is a plus.
Overall I'd say is the best hotel inside the city.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family