2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$90
Hotels.comUS$90
PricelineUS$80
eDreamsUS$80
TravelocityUS$90
All reviews pay in cash stayed nights punta cana ocean south luxury excursions caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2019

I stayed in Casa del Mar Lodge for 3 nights during my Ecotour Barahona (see separate review) tour in southwestern Dominican Republic. It was a perfect place to relax between the day tours in the region.

My room was simply furnished, but nice. There was a lovely terrace with a view to the crashing waves below. No air-conditioning but I was happy with the fan.

I loved the fresh breakfasts that were served on the terrace. The dinners at the restaurant were also good although I would have welcomed more vegetarian options.

The delicious rum-orange punch offered on arrival was a nice touch and the Italian owner was there to personally greet us. I was also pleased to learn that the whole complex runs completely on solar energy. So it is not an eco lodge in name only.

The beach was beautiful but a bit too rough to swim in. I did yoga on the deck in the morning and enjoyed the spot. I didn’t use the pools or the jacuzzi because I had such a busy programme for the days I stayed there.

On a side note, I stayed also at Casa Bonita, which is a stone's throw from Casa del Mar, and actually preferred the latter. Sure, the facilities and rooms at Casa Bonita are fancier but the atmosphere at Casa del Mar felt more authentic. Plus, it was just a fraction of the cost.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank bunnyhatgis
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We stayed at Casa Del Mar Lodge for 2 nights and it was absolutely amazing! The views are incredible and the hospitality we received was over the top. We arrived late at night and were immediately greeted and walked to our rooms. We had 2 separate bedrooms in one of the villas with a little private area, pool overlooking the ocean. Breakfast was included and it was a tasty, traditional Dominican breakfast. Portions were small but we were satisfied. We didn't get to spend much day time at the property because we were out touring the Southern coast of the DR, however I would highly recommend this property to any couple, family or friend group. Please keep in mind this is an eco lodge and therefore no rooms have AC. The fan was cool but we were still hot sleeping at night. For the price, we had a spectacular experience. Dominican hospitality is one to remember!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JR0801
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

This Place Is Amazing for Couples and the service is great the rooms are fabulous! I love it! The Food Is Delicious it was a great night in this place I really recommend for couples That are visiting a lot of places in Barahona I Will go again. Amazing view

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I just wanna start give it a thankx to Fabio, Scarlett and the rest of the Team, to make our 5th anniversary so nice and pleasant. I felt like at home with the services. Wait for us the next year and I just hope to find better quality of sheets and towels.

2  Thank jasonrW2754MG
Reviewed February 19, 2019

The staff that works at the Casa Del Mar is second to none. Manuel the owner happened to be there, he's an incredibly gracious host with a lot of insight. The rooms are nice and the grounds are beautiful, you sleep every night with the sea in your ears. There is no AC but the sea breeze offsets the need for one. This is an Eco Lodge - they make most of the food and electricity on site - know that going into it - while it is an incredibly BEAUTIFUL hotel, it's not a luxury hotel (you may lose power for a few min., the shower might not be piping hot every time) but it really is a beautiful place to stay and feels like home, I think it creates more of a relaxed environment. You can have breakfast in your room every morning and dinner they will serve to your room as well. The beach in front of the hotel is very nice and again, the grounds are magnificent. The hotel is extremely clean and well done, I highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2019