Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-04-11
SAVE US$35
PricelineUS$80
Agoda.comUS$80
eDreamsUS$80
All reviews pay in cash stayed nights punta cana ocean south luxury excursions caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

I would recommend this place to my worst enemy
Is very hot hot there and they don’t have air conditioners
Worst food I had in a long time.
Lousy service
Very very limited bar service
I don’t even have the basic at the bar, OJ, cranberry juice
Owner would care less

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank Bernardo D
Reviewed July 13, 2019

I stayed in Casa del Mar Lodge for 3 nights during my Ecotour Barahona (see separate review) tour in southwestern Dominican Republic. It was a perfect place to relax between the day tours in the region.

My room was simply furnished, but nice. There was a lovely terrace with a view to the crashing waves below. No air-conditioning but I was happy with the fan.

I loved the fresh breakfasts that were served on the terrace. The dinners at the restaurant were also good although I would have welcomed more vegetarian options.

The delicious rum-orange punch offered on arrival was a nice touch and the Italian owner was there to personally greet us. I was also pleased to learn that the whole complex runs completely on solar energy. So it is not an eco lodge in name only.

The beach was beautiful but a bit too rough to swim in. I did yoga on the deck in the morning and enjoyed the spot. I didn’t use the pools or the jacuzzi because I had such a busy programme for the days I stayed there.

On a side note, I stayed also at Casa Bonita, which is a stone's throw from Casa del Mar, and actually preferred the latter. Sure, the facilities and rooms at Casa Bonita are fancier but the atmosphere at Casa del Mar felt more authentic. Plus, it was just a fraction of the cost.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank bunnyhatgis
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We stayed at Casa Del Mar Lodge for 2 nights and it was absolutely amazing! The views are incredible and the hospitality we received was over the top. We arrived late at night and were immediately greeted and walked to our rooms. We had 2 separate bedrooms in one of the villas with a little private area, pool overlooking the ocean. Breakfast was included and it was a tasty, traditional Dominican breakfast. Portions were small but we were satisfied. We didn't get to spend much day time at the property because we were out touring the Southern coast of the DR, however I would highly recommend this property to any couple, family or friend group. Please keep in mind this is an eco lodge and therefore no rooms have AC. The fan was cool but we were still hot sleeping at night. For the price, we had a spectacular experience. Dominican hospitality is one to remember!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JR0801
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

This Place Is Amazing for Couples and the service is great the rooms are fabulous! I love it! The Food Is Delicious it was a great night in this place I really recommend for couples That are visiting a lot of places in Barahona I Will go again. Amazing view

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I just wanna start give it a thankx to Fabio, Scarlett and the rest of the Team, to make our 5th anniversary so nice and pleasant. I felt like at home with the services. Wait for us the next year and I just hope to find better quality of sheets and towels.

2  Thank jasonrW2754MG