“Highly Recommended! ENJOY! My wife & I did in March 2010. It's Wonderful!”
Review of Barefoot Beach Pad

Barefoot Beach Pad
Ranked #12 of 30 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We absolutely loved it. Hector was great. He was so helpful. Got us picked up, drove us around himself when needed, helped us with banking, took us to the airport himself, arranged whatever we needed. Made sure all our needs were met and then some! The breakfast is continental, but so much more than you would think. It's fabulous. We still talk about the cafe & treats greeting us in the morning. The views were magnificent. The rooms spacious and the bathrooms so cool. They didn't have the bar/grill when we were there, but were planning for it. They did have a nice arrangement with an establishment right next door. It was one of the best vacations we ever had, and Barefoot Beach Pad and staff had a HUGE role in making it so memorable. I would go back in an instant, expect the same treatment, and I have no doubt it would be just as wonderful. Hi Hector & Staff. All our best & fondest memories, Karen & Paul

Room Tip: Although the rooms all face the Caribbean, make sure you try to get on the 2nd floor for the best vi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2012

A friend and I stayed here during the Easter celebrations of Cabarete. It was a great time! Even with all the noise and fun that Easter weekend brings to Cabarete, this place was very quiet and serene. The view was awesome. For the price I payed I couldn't believe that I had a balcony overlooking the blue Carribean ocean. The staff is very friendly, Hector and Andres. And Andres makes great food. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I went with my boyfriend to this hotel after leaving a beautiful hotel in las terrenas calles La tortuga. I was planning to show my boyfriend the beauty of Cabarete (or what's left of it, i grew up in DR and have fond memories of the area), but when we got there first it took us 30 mins to find the hotel, which is about 2 miles from center Cabarete. the ENtrance you could barely see and it a dark, lonely and narrow alley that takes you to basically a big house that was transformed into a hotel.
when we got there the manager wasn't there. we were in a room with an ok view of the beach.
we had to drive to the city to get dinner (not a walking and safe distance). the attention was lacking, the decor non existant, the "breakfast" was coffee and a slice of bread (??). when it came time to check out, they practically thrown us away 20 mins before the time because they needed to clean the room. also the electricity when off in our room only by the time they wanted us out. I felt they were disrespectful and wil never go again, not recommended at all. there are much better places in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sharonPhilly
evbarefoot, Manager at Barefoot Beach Pad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

We're actually located 1.9 kilometers (1.25 miles) east of the center of Cabarete. Since we're right on the beach, you have to travel 100 yards down a gravel road from the main street
to reach our 3 well lit and well marked buildings that are part of a group of several other buildings in the area, called 'La Rinconada', that are also well lit and easily visible at night or day from the main road.

The manager does not reside at the hotel but is there for most of the day, and if contacted and advised ahead of time will be there to receive you whenever you arrive, within reason. If not, then you will always be greeted by his asistant who does live on site, no matter what time you arrive. We've built our reputation on providing personal service to our guests, which the other 44 reviews can attest to; and rest asuured that our continental breakfast is not limited to a cup of coffee and a slice of bread.

Our check out time is at noon because check in is at 1:00 pm and an hour is needed to prepare the rooms for incoming guests, but noone is ever asked to leave the premises. On the contrary, our policy in fact allows you to stay at the hotel even well into the evening for late departing flights from the nearby Puerto Plata airport, and that policy has been in effect since our opening.

Hector Osorio
Manager, Barefoot Beach Pad

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Looked around internet several weeks before I went for this hotel. A little far from town but me and my friend booked it anyway since we wanted a getaway and not party.
Hector the manager was very warm and welcoming when we arrived and we could choose between 3 rooms, very kind. The one we picked was a studio with kitchen, a big doublebed, perfect view of the beach and ocean from our balcony. Was nice to just relax with a beer after more than 24hrs of travelling from Sweden.

This hotel has only 10 rooms so you really get to know the other guests (if they like to talk like me and my friend :-)
My friend was enjoying many days with the other guests when i was riding on the beaches. Also Andres and his wife Andrea, who both works with the hotelservice, are very kind, helpfull and made our stay perfect. We had many funny evenings in the bar.

Its very easy to take a walk in to Cabarete. Go by beach for about 15-20min or take the main road for about 20-25min. It gets dark around 19.00 and then both beach and road are dark, not safe to walk. Just ask Andres to call a taxi. Taxi from hotell to town costs 200pesos. If you like motos better just jump up and they take u into town for about 100pesos. Motos are perfect if you shop food at Janets. Just shop, wave your hands outside, jump up on a moto and you are home at La Rinconada in 2 mins :-)

If you are a cake freak like me they have a market every saturday morning just behind the hotel. My friend went there and bought bits of 4 different cakes, i was veeeery pleased :-)

If you like to walk on the beach just take right when u leave the hotelarea. We did a 1½ hour walk every morning. It takes you about 45mins the reach the Bocca Grill. Cute bar/grill located at the end of the beach where the river runs out in the ocean.
If you like to ride horses like me just ask the guys on the beach. It costs about 35USD for 2hours and u choose if the ride goes to beach or countryside, i will recommend to try both :-)

Hector really made us feel like home and part of the Barefoot family. He is like a big brother that u can joke around with and he tells you about the "not sooo smart things to do" when it gets dark. We stayed for 21nights and didnt have one boring day, loved it!!

In september i will escape from Sweden again and visit Barefoot, this time with another friend.

Stay here, you will have the best time ever / Anna

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Quiet, good economical food and drinks in intimate open bar/grill, NEW construction, 10 units, ours had kitchenette, intimate, spacious, right on beach, very friendly and helpful family staff, operated like everyone is part of Hector's family - he really helps and takes care of his guests, beautiful beach walk into town 1.4 miles away, powerful ocean waves, view of mountains and sea. Next time we will stay for a week.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel back in June of 2010. I really enjoy how its extremely quiet and relaxing so if you're looking to be in a quiet, beautiful place for a few days this place is PERFECT! I don't remember the owner's name of hotel, but there is a bar alongside the pool where you can eat for an additional price and he and his wife will cook for you. It's also very secure. No one can enter the main gate without a key, and to go on the beach you must have a key since the gate is locked.

Now the downside is that it's a little further out from the center of Cabarete where all the main shops and restaurants are so if you plan on going out there I'd recommend taking the guagua or a taxi. I DO NOT recommend walking there at night...even if you're in a group. It's about a good 15-20 minutes walk...maybe even more. Another disadvantage was there was no way for me to buy and cook my own food so I had no choice but to eat at the bar, and the prices aren't reasonable. However, there may be some rooms in that provide small kitchens for you to prepare your own food (not too sure though).

Definitely go out there and interact with the locals.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The Barefoot Beach Pad has a lovely blend of modern comforts and a quiet beachfront location with amazing views of the ocean and a practically private beach just steps away from your room. You will fall asleep and wake to the sounds of the waves. The water appears quite rough, but the undertow is mild and many areas are shallow and only waist deep for yards out.
The property is located just east of the town of Cabarete and provides a pleasantly secluded experience, yet close enough to enjoy the activities and exciting nightlife in town. Hector and Andres, the caretaker, were very helpful in coordinating reliable transportation to and from the town.
Walking into Cabarete on the beach is a nice trek and doable, just be aware of high tide that can cover part of the beach on the way there, and use caution when crossing rocks as they become slippery. We also took a guided horseback ride on the beach that gave us a chance to see more of the pristine coastline.
Take the opportunity to visit Blue Moon Restaurant in the mountains just outside town for a unique dining experience. We look forward to returning to this slice of paradise.

• Stayed: January 2012