Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great operation and team

I signed up for the intro package 1 month in advance. Unfortunately no wind. They returned my... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed March 22, 2024
charleyj767
Excellent

I was extremely impressed with LEK even from the very first e mail correspondence. They were... read more

Reviewed March 14, 2024
Daniel S

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks in Cabarete and my friend and I shopped around a little before deciding to go with LEK for kite lessons. Although lessons at LEK are a bit more expensive then some of the other schools along the beach the price difference was well worth it for the following reasons:
1. Unless you specifically want a group lesson the hourly rate at LEK is for 1:1 instruction.
2. The staff at LEK speak a variety of languages and they speak the languages very fluently.
3. All staff members are professional, helpful, and well trained instructors. It is easy to kind a good kiteboarder on the beaches of Cabarete but being able to kite and being able to instruct are two different things.
4. The admin side of the business is flawless. The system used to schedule, track lessons completed, and update your account is great.
5. This is one of the only schools that accepts credit/debit cards for payment. I expected to pay for the majority of vacation expenses using cash but having to yank a few hundred dollars out to pay for kite lessons was not expected. Honestly, the fact that LEK accepts cards for payment was a huge reason we picked this school.

LEK stresses safety during all their lessons and they make sure you have mastered each step before advancing you to the next. Jonathan was my teach the entire time I was there and with the exception of a few windless days (obviously out of anyones control) everything was great. I plan to return and do more lessons with LEK.

Date of experience: June 2012
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Took three lessons during my recent trip. I was a bit short of time and did not make it up on the board, but the swells made it difficult for me. Francis was a patient instructor who imparted the knowledge and skill I needed to fly the kite reasonably well - I'll be back to try it again.

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank MarkB1951
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Laurel is a nice and skilled woman with a good staff to surround her.
Here you can get advice, lessons, gear, all you need at reasonable priices. Maybe just a bit high in comparison to Dominican Standards but it is worth it.

Right in front of Lek, teh swell is a bit more aggresive but still easy enough to start kitesurfing if you know what you are doing.

Overall the 5* is well deserved.

Laurel, keep up the good work there

Roger

Date of experience: April 2012
Reviewed April 27, 2012

really great welcoming and give you trust in yourself for kiteboarding all over the world !!!

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Laurel and her team are knowledgeable, professional and very friendly, making sitesurfing from scratch an awesome adventure.

Date of experience: April 2012