Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Kite Trip

The crew at the Laurel Eastman kiteboarding school were great , my daughter to five days of lesson... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
220JamesB
Bozeman, Montana
Great Kite School!

Had a fantastic experience. Showed up knowing almost nothing about kiteboarding and left Cabarate... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 10, 2018
bfetterolf28
New York City, New York

All reviews kite school learning how weather conditions professional team whole team great school spent a week an amazing experience can't wait to go back cabarete beach wilder lockers maxine gear kiteboarding wind safety
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I spent 2 weeks in Cabarete. I am an independent kiter but I want to mention that the people at LEK were awesome. Very kind and helpful. All in all, I consider this school being one of the best I've ever seen. Keep up the good work guys.

Vlad

1  Thank Vladonelu
Reviewed August 10, 2012

For my second season kiteboarding I went back to basics, got great instructions, finally up and riding in challenging conditions as well. Instructors were very good, patient and really able to spot the mistakes and explain corrections. Wish I had had this kind of instructions last year!

1  Thank NikkiOOL
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had a week on my own to scratch an item off my bucket list, so off I went to Caberete and the LEK school to learn kitesurfing. I chose LEK over the others because of their great web presence, including facebook and tripadvisor, as you can't fake that many good reviews.

Staff were open and welcoming from the start. Very patient and confidence-inspiring instructors were able to get me up on the board and surfing within 5 days, despite some big winter swells and uncooperative (for beginners, anyway) wind.

A good crew to learn with, chat with while waiting for the wind to pick up, and laugh with over a beer about the day's challenges.

Not an easy sport to learn, but harder still to instruct. Thanks again Laurel, Jonathan, Daniel and everyone at LEK!

1  Thank ParksidePlace
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks in Cabarete and my friend and I shopped around a little before deciding to go with LEK for kite lessons. Although lessons at LEK are a bit more expensive then some of the other schools along the beach the price difference was well worth it for the following reasons:
1. Unless you specifically want a group lesson the hourly rate at LEK is for 1:1 instruction.
2. The staff at LEK speak a variety of languages and they speak the languages very fluently.
3. All staff members are professional, helpful, and well trained instructors. It is easy to kind a good kiteboarder on the beaches of Cabarete but being able to kite and being able to instruct are two different things.
4. The admin side of the business is flawless. The system used to schedule, track lessons completed, and update your account is great.
5. This is one of the only schools that accepts credit/debit cards for payment. I expected to pay for the majority of vacation expenses using cash but having to yank a few hundred dollars out to pay for kite lessons was not expected. Honestly, the fact that LEK accepts cards for payment was a huge reason we picked this school.

LEK stresses safety during all their lessons and they make sure you have mastered each step before advancing you to the next. Jonathan was my teach the entire time I was there and with the exception of a few windless days (obviously out of anyones control) everything was great. I plan to return and do more lessons with LEK.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Took three lessons during my recent trip. I was a bit short of time and did not make it up on the board, but the swells made it difficult for me. Francis was a patient instructor who imparted the knowledge and skill I needed to fly the kite reasonably well - I'll be back to try it again.

1  Thank MarkB1951