Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great operation and team

I signed up for the intro package 1 month in advance. Unfortunately no wind. They returned my... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed March 22, 2024
charleyj767
Excellent

I was extremely impressed with LEK even from the very first e mail correspondence. They were... read more

Reviewed March 14, 2024
Daniel S

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family learned to kiteboard at LEK this past February and truly had a blast. My daughter who is 12 felt very secure and safe with the instructors and I am happy to say, she is kiteboarding independently! I would tell anyone interested in learning the sport to use LEK because the instuctors are very concerned about safety while at the same time allowing the student to have fun. Wilder & Merijn are the best:)

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

New to the sport. LEK has very good instructors. I was very impressed and would always go back. Very friendly, calm and kind!

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I (both early 40's) took lessons in February as true beginners. Our instructor, Merijn, was professional, patient and a very good teacher & coach. The assistants that helped us were also very good. Our money was well spent and although we still have a lot of practice ahead to get better, we have all the basic skills and safety fundamentals we need. We do not hesitate to (and already have) recommend the instructors at LEK. The staff is also friendly and helpful - a good bunch to be around.

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently enjoyed a week's vacation in Cabarete, Dominican Republic and learning how to kiteboard at LEK was the highlight of our trip. Their staff was knowledgable, friendly and very helpful. My husband who is more advanced had an intro lesson to get to know the area and to get some tips on going in and out of the big surf, which he felt was very worthwhile. I am more of a beginner and my teacher Adrienne took time to answer all my questions, teach me all the skils required, help build my confidence and get me up on the board. She was very conscientious and also taught me everything I needed to know to play safe and have fun.

For the advanced kiteboarder who doesn't need lessons, this is a great place to store your gear and forget about it while you enjoy the action on the beach. There is even compressed air to share!

The location was the ideal set up in our opinion. We stayed at the Millenium Resort and lounged by the pool until the wind came up and lessons started to get going. They have everything set up on your account so you can easily purchase a snack or beer for apres kiteboarding relaxation.

Before we left we were already planning our trip for next year. Thank you LEK!

Date of experience: January 2013
2  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to Cabarete for three years and thanks to the LEK team, I'm hooked on kiteboarding. The staff is always smiling ready to teach, help and provide advice. You couldn't ask for a better team of instructors. Can't wait for next year, it will be time for the kids to start lessons.