“LEK Kiteboarding School helped make my vacation one of the best.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)

Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)
More attraction details
Owner description: Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK) has been providing high quality kiteboarding lessons in gorgeous Cabarete Bay since 2003. Founded by American professional kiteboarder Laurel Eastman, the LEK flagship school in Cabarete teaches kiteboarding in a safe manner with a big emphasis on fun! A fully accredited IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) center, all of LEK's qualified and multi-lingual instructors are highly trained experts and ready to share their passion for kiteboarding with the guests visiting Cabarete. Visit LEK inside the gorgeous Millennium Resort and Spa, located on Cabarete Beach, and experience for yourself the LEK style of service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Atkinson, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LEK Kiteboarding School helped make my vacation one of the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Upon arrival at the Millennium hotel I went right down to the beach to the LEK kiteboarding school. Everyone at the school was extremely friendly and helpful. The office staff gave me an overview of the riding area and a few of the local rules and tips of the beach. I rented a locker for my gear and also got the VIP service which was awesome. All of the staff in the gear room were extremely professional and friendly. When ever you needed to launch or land your kite they were always right there to lend you a hand. I would recommend LEK for anyone who is looking to come to Cabarette to kite board. The school is in a great location on the beach. Right in front of the hotel and a short walk from restaurants.

Anyone from a beginner kiteboarder to expert riders will appreciate all the school has to offer. I can not wait to go back to Cabarette no just for vacation and awesome kiting but to see all of the great people I got to meet at LEK.

Visited June 2013

Muttenz, Switzerland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Very friendly and patient instructors, good material”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

During the whole visit I had the same instructor (Wilder). He was patient, friendly and I've learned a lot. Also the rest of the staff was always courteous and helpful and when I was asking to buy a kite incl. board they even offered me a good discount.

Visited June 2013
Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great kitesurfing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium hotel for 8 days and LEK was the perfect choice for renting kitesurfing gear. Just a few steps from the hotel and a few steps to the water.The conditions were perfect every single day and everyone at LEK was very friendly and helpful. I absolutely recommend it to anyone with wife and/or kids: they can stay at the hotel pool/restaurant while you're out in the water.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Had a great time learning to kite at Cabarete beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I spent a week learning how to kiteboard. The teachers were very professional and we always felt that safety was a priority. And the office staff were really great too.The school was right next to our hotel so we ended up spending a lot of time socializing with the teachers and staff as well. Can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2013
Ulm, Germany
“"Great first kiteboarding experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I wanted to learn kiteboarding for quite a while now but never got to it. We originally choose LEK out of all the other schools in Cabarete because we stayed at the Millenium and it seemed so convenient. Great choice! Maxine and Ricardo in the store are very friendly and fun talking to and Merijn, who was my instructor, is the best. He is really good in explaining things, knows a lot and is very patient. I had a lot of fun (swallowing ocean water ) and always felt safe. Another plus for beginners is that - at least to the time of year we went (low season) - the stretch of the LEK beach is way less crowded compared to kite beach. Bottom line: I would go back there in a second for more lessions!

Visited April 2013